Why does the chest swell?
From time to time a female organism can present its mistresses with not the most pleasant surprises. Sometimes it happens that the chest begins to swell. Sometimes this feeling becomes unbearable, even touch it hurts. Why the breast swells - with the accuracy of this question can answer a special "female" doctor - mamolog.
As a rule, breast swelling is associated with changes in hormonal levels. This can be caused by a variety of factors.
- Puberty. In girls during puberty, nipple swelling is often observed. Sometimes it hurts to touch them. And the discomfort delivers even wearing too tight clothes. In this case, you should not worry, as soon as the body completes its restructuring, all the unpleasant sensations will go away.
- One of the most frequent perpetrators of breast swelling in women is “critical days”. Why does breast swell before menstruation? This is again due to hormonal changes in the body.Pain and heaviness in the chest appear about a week before the menstruation. As a rule, with its beginning all this passes completely. If the pain and swelling do not pass, you should immediately consult a doctor. This may be one of the signs of mastopathy, and in some cases, more serious diseases of the mammary glands.
- Hormone failure and accompanying breast swelling can occur due to general overwork, constant stress, as well as improper lifestyle.
- Another reason why the chest aches and swells may be underwear. Incorrectly chosen bra can not only deliver discomfort, but also become the culprit of breast diseases. So all the representatives of the fair sex, doctors recommend to choose clothes carefully.
- Excessive addiction to salty, fatty and spicy foods can also cause breast swelling. Since this food contributes to fluid retention in the body. This makes the chest swell and ache.
- Breast swelling can be a side effect of taking hormonal medications, including contraceptives.In this case, it is better to temporarily suspend their admission and consult a doctor who will prescribe another medicine.
- Any changes at the hormonal level, including pregnancy and abortion, also lead to breast swelling. In the case of pregnancy, this usually occurs in 2-3 weeks.
- If the breast is swollen and palpation is felt in it some kind of seal, then this can be an unkind symptom of breast cancer. We need to urgently go to the mammologist!
In general, the breast is a very tender and demanding part of the female body. Therefore, about any discomfort in the chest is best to tell the doctor. And wait for that moment. When they become unbearable - do not. Remember that the earlier a disease is detected, the easier it is to cure.