Why does the legs move?
Watch the video
The intensity of pain in leg cramps varies, but still, no matter what the area of the legs is, it is very difficult to endure the pain. It is known that many people face such a problem, almost everybody experienced a sensation of leg cramps. So is it worth going to a doctor with such a disease or living with it on?
Why legs are falling: possible causes
- Simply put, it reduces the legs because a certain muscle suddenly contracted dramatically, and is not able to relax at the moment itself.
- If the legs are reduced during physical exertion (running, walking, sex), the reason most often lies in the lack of glucose or oxygen, since the human muscles have spent them on themselves, and now they need more.
- Consider the case when the legs cramp during swimming in cold water. The body is designed so that in the cold there is a trembling of the muscles, like a reflex. And besides this, the muscles of the legs also perform physical actions. In the end, it turns out that the muscles do double work, and convulsions begin. Moreover, the reduction of legs in the water is remembered more often, and it seems more intense, because it is accompanied by emotions of fear.
- Why is driving legs at night? Most often this is due to overstressed muscles during the day. Inconvenient shoes, large physical exertion, especially in the wrong shoes, work on the legs - all this can tell leg cramps at night or in the morning when you stretch. If you sleep in an uncomfortable position, in one position, your limbs may become numb and your legs will be flattened.
- Also a very common cause is flat feet. People with flat-footedness are advised to follow, in order to exclude overstrain of muscles during the working day, to wear comfortable shoes.
- Regularly reduces the legs. What to do in a similar situation? This can speak about any diseases, therefore, it is impossible to start such a case. It is necessary to consult a doctor and identify the reasons for which seizures occur. Self-treatment in this case is better not to get involved.
Why toes toes
Judging by the experience of people with this problem, convulsions are always unexpected and short. Possible reasons why the muscles of the legs, and in particular the fingers, are reduced:
- wearing uncomfortable or tight shoes,
- micronutrient deficiencies. With regular mixing of the toes, contact a specialist to indicate which microelements the body lacks (often calcium, potassium, magnesium).
Why the calves
The pain of cramps in the calves of the legs is very sharp and more intense in intensity than in the previous case. Possible reasons why the leg muscles in the calf area are reduced:
- previous regular leg pains that could last for years
- chronic leg fatigue,
- swelling feet,
- lack of trace elements in the body (can be checked by a doctor using biochemical analysis),
- when the legs are constantly moving, pay attention to this, because these are the symptoms of venous insufficiency or atherosclerosis of the blood vessels, which should be diagnosed by a doctor.
Why reduces the legs during pregnancy
Indeed, in pregnant women the legs are much more often, the reason is the lack of vitamins and trace elements, but pregnant women are allowed to take vitamin complexes only after the recommendation of a doctor. In addition, walking with a big belly in late pregnancy is hard for your legs, whatever we do. Therefore, such a load on the legs can turn into cramps at night or in the morning.
If a pregnant woman is often confronted with the mixing of her legs, then doctors recommend eating more calcium, namely cottage cheese, cheese, dairy products. To take drugs can only be prescribed by a doctor in order not to harm the baby.
First Aid when Feeling Legs
Usually, when calving down, if you are lying down, it is recommended to sit down, put your feet on a cool floor and gently stand. But the pain is so unbearable that you can not get up. In this case, you should try to relax to the maximum, breathe deeply, do a foot massage. It is also advised to tightly put an elastic bandage on the leg in the area from the knee to the foot. When bringing your toes, try to stretch them, raising the foot up.