Why is the laptop warm?
I would like to start by saying that heating the laptop as a whole is a normal process, and this is not only yours. This is physics: electricity running through transistors and wires generates heat. And the power of the device determines the heating force (it is clear that the more powerful, the more intensively the processor works, the more the computer heats up).
A laptop (compared to a conventional PC) still has such a property as compactness: the components are tight, small fan holes, which are also clogged with dust, as the fan draws dust into the outlets. That is why the laptop is heated. But in all there is a measure, the norm. It happens that the laptop is no longer just heated, but overheats. In this case, you need to pay attention to the following points.
Heated laptop: reasons
- The simplest and most common reason for heating a laptop is a dust-filled fan vent. This makes it difficult for the passage of cold air.The consequence - the video chip, processor and other components of the laptop begin to overheat.
In this case, besides overheating, a spontaneous shutdown of the laptop can occur, it hangs up, and the operation noise increases.
We solve the problem by cleaning the cooling system of the laptop from dirt.
- Thermal paste drying, unsuitable condition of thermal pads.
A bit of theory. The copper plate of the cooling system fits tightly to the video chip and the processor (it is they who often heat up) due to a special thermal pad and thermal paste. Without them, a gap is formed with the air, and the cooling system will not work properly. Sometimes they use only thermal grease.
Manifestations of overheating are the same as in the first reason.
The solution to the problem is the replacement of thermal paste or thermal pads.
- Another reason why the laptop is very hot is energy-intensive, modern games. Such demanding games (and other similar programs) heavily load the processor, and in turn it gets very hot.
Usually, when launching such games and applications, the laptop turns off, and after switching on, it slows down and freezes.
- cleaning the cooling system;
- use of a special cooling pad;
- maximum limit on processor performance.
- Incorrect work programs, viruses can also cause overheating of the laptop.
Manifested in excessive CPU load (more than 60-70% in the absence of running programs).
The solution is to eliminate viruses and malfunctioning programs. It may be necessary to reinstall Windows.
- Faulty motherboard. You can install this reason and eliminate it in the service center. Although the reason is rather rare, it is not worth excluding it completely. It still happens.