Why is it freezing?
Fever is a reaction of the body to the appearance of any viruses, microbes, bacterial poisons, as well as non-infectious causes, such as brain contusion or hysteria. This pathological process entails an increase in body temperature and a change in its thermoregulation. It freezes people, there is chills, weakness and aches in the bones.
Fever itself is not a disease in itself, although there are diseases that contain the term “fever” (for example, Ebola hemorrhagic fever). In other cases, it is a symptom that indicates the presence of the disease. Let us consider in more detail why a person freezes.
Causes of a violation of body thermoregulation
In the hypothalamus of man is located thermostatic center responsible for heat transfer and heat production. By a complex control system established by the brain, a balance is maintained between these two processes. It can be violated by infection, swelling, intoxication and other effects.
If he gets sick, he feels that he is freezing, the reasons why this happens may be the following:
- Infectious and inflammatory diseases of internal organs:
- abscesses of the liver and kidneys;
- intestinal infections, etc.
- Endocarditis. In infectious endocarditis, a person freezes long before symptoms of the underlying disease, such as heart murmurs, thromboembolism, etc., appear. In patients with weakened immune defenses, fungi can cause endocarditis. When such a diagnosis is made by a therapist, treatment is prescribed - a course of antibacterial drugs after determining the sensitivity of the pathogen to them.
- Tuberculosis. Learning about tuberculosis of the liver, adrenal glands, kidneys, peritoneum, lymph nodes and some other organs is sometimes possible only by the presence of fever. Sometimes it is the only symptom of these diseases. More often than other organs, the lungs suffer from tuberculosis, which is detected by X-rays. No less effective and bacteriological method of research - Mycobacterium tuberculosis is found in sputum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and gastric juice.
Other causes of fever include:
- failure of the immune system;
- vascular thrombosis;
- taking certain medications (for example, interleukins);
- tumor processes;
- endocrine diseases;
- hemorrhages and injuries to the skull;
How to treat a fever
Doctors distinguish between two types of fever: "white" and "pink." When the "white" there is an extraordinary pallor of the skin, their marbling and dryness. Patient's hands and feet are cold, pulse is accelerated, pressure is above normal. This condition is dangerous and a series of actions are being carried out to transfer the fever from “white” to “pink”.
Pink fever is different. There is redness of the skin, increased humidity and body temperature. Heat is intensively given to the skin and the danger of overheating is small.
If these symptoms are observed, then you need to call a doctor. Without medical care, the situation can get out of control and the temperature will rise to critical values. Prior to the arrival of a specialist should:
- Drink more fluids. Best suited berry and fruit juice, fruit compote, decoctions and juices. Eating is not prohibited, but should be preferred carbohydrate.
- At temperatures above 39 ° C, you can wipe the patient with a sponge dipped in warm (at least 30-32 ° C) water.This method is practiced with the "white" fever.
- It is not recommended to give antipyretics before the arrival of the doctor, since their action may “obscure” the clinical picture of the disease.