Why do joints ache?
In the modern world, many of us face various diseases, some of which lead to joint pain. In this article we will explain why the joints hurt. Many believe that the elderly are susceptible to joint pain, but this is not the case. Joint problems can occur at any age.
Why joints hurt: causes
- Impaired blood circulation causes difficulty in regenerating cartilage tissue, which leads to its destruction.
- Improper nutrition. Lack of water and trace elements such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, a very negative impact on the health of the joints.
- A sedentary lifestyle adversely affects the health of the musculoskeletal system as a whole, but excessive loads are also harmful. Everything is good in moderation.
- Weak immunity can cause various diseases, resulting in joint pain.
- Hormonal changes.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Mechanical damage (bruises, sprains, sprains).
Many diseases are accompanied by joint pain, for example: infectious and viral diseases, arthritis, osteomyelitis, tendinitis, gout and other things. Joint diseases are divided into groups:
- Inflammatory. These primarily include arthritis, diseases caused by various infections in the joint.
- Dystrophic. These are primarily arthrosis, they develop slowly. During this disease, all tissues of the joint are affected.
Why the joints of the hands hurt
The hands are the most mobile part of the human body, from which they are highly susceptible to diseases of the joints. The most common disease of the hands is arthritis, which can cause deformities of the hands. The shoulder joints are susceptible to humerocedural periarthritis, in serious cases of the disease a person cannot move his arms, the disease stiffens the shoulder joints with pain.
Why do leg joints hurt?
The biggest loads are on the joints of the legs. Plus, a sedentary lifestyle and overweight increase the likelihood of diseases of the joints of the legs. Quite often, rheumatoid arthritis occurs, which affects the large joints of the legs (knee, ankle), and is an inflammation of the joints. Knee joints are also prone to gonarthrosis.
Why hip joint hurts
Pain in the hip joint can be the result of various diseases of the joints. Coxarthrosis is a type of arthrosis that affects the hip joints.
In addition to the above diseases, joint pain can be caused by bruises and sprains. Be sure to treat these types of injuries so that they do not develop into serious diseases.
Now you know why joints hurt, however, there are a lot of causes of joint pain, and you can only determine them with the help of examinations when you go to a doctor. Even if the pain in the joints is insignificant, you need to consult a doctor, because it can be a signal about the beginning of the development of any disease. The doctor will prescribe a treatment or preventive measures.