Where was filmed "Closed School"?
The resounding success of the mystical painting “Closed School” aroused a natural interest in the location of the famous school “LOGOS”. Manor Serednikovo, where they filmed "Closed School", is located just forty kilometers from Moscow, near Zelenograd in Solnechnogorsk district. The history of the estate began with Nikita Cherkassky, who received these lands, according to the sovereign's charter, in 1623.
The grandson of Nikita built the first stone church on this site. In 1775, Vsevolod Alekseevich Vsevolzhsky - State Councilor contributed to the image of the estate. The new owner puts comfort, coziness and convenience above all else, so the manor turns into a two-storey mansion with a greenhouse and a barnyard.
During the war years, the line of defense passed near this place, the manor was converted into a hospital. Having declined, she was able to find a second life, gloss and brilliance thanks to the cinema of the XX century. It is this architectural monument that appears in the frames of “Poor Nastya” and “Admiral”.
Around the estate there are really beautiful forest landscapes that flash in the frames. The main surveys were carried out in three pavilions with a total area of about 2000 square meters.
The film crew did not have to mount a lot and invent ways to shoot from different angles. For the project within two months the scenery was built. These temporary structures are real rooms, turns, corridors and a bunker. All the views from the window in the series correspond to the real landscapes from the windows of the estate Serednikovo. Huge photographs specially ordered for the film were installed in the windows of the temporary structures.