What to feed a sterilized cat?
Any owner is not just given the decision to sterilize your cat. Both the animal and the owner experience stress as sterilization entails a number of consequences in the area of animal health and its future lifestyle. Immediately there are questions: what to feed a sterilized cat, how to make the animal stay healthy and active. After all, unrealized reproductive needs contribute to the emergence of certain risks to the health of the animal. And the nature of power is completely changed.
Eating sterilized cats
- After sterilization, the animal becomes less active, and, consequently, it also needs less food. Try not to allow food to be the only joy for the cat. Actively play with the animal, communicate with it.
- Ensure that your pet's diet has enough minerals and as little as possible foods with phosphorus and magnesium. These components can trigger the development of urolithiasis.
- Do not leave food in an animal bowl, even if it is a dry food for sterilized cats. Constant access to food will only lead to the weight gain of the animal and undermine its health. Better always make sure that the cat always has clean and fresh water in the bowl.
- If your pet feeds exclusively on home-made food, then after sterilization, its diet should include meat (poultry, beef), dairy products, vegetables and milk porridge. Offal (stomachs, liver, beef heart, chicken) will also help to diversify the diet of the cat. But it is better to refuse to feed fish: there is a lot of phosphorus and magnesium in it.
- Food class "Premium" or "Superpremium" determine how to feed a sterilized cat with industrial feed. The main thing, pay attention to the box with food, it was stated that the food is suitable for sterilized pets.
Royal Canin for sterilized cats
This food for sterilized cats under the age of 7 years is designed to provide optimal body weight and normalize the composition of urine, thereby preventing the formation of urinary stones.
Influencing an increase in urine volume,the feed thereby reduces the content of mineral substances involved in the formation of struvite and oxalate crystals, which creates unfavorable conditions for the formation of stones in the urinary tract.
The high content of proteins in Royal Canin contributes to improving the taste and creating a feeling of fullness, preserving muscle mass. The food contains L-carnitine, which interferes with lipogenesis, affecting the growth of muscle mass, as well as the utilization of body fat reserves.