What original can be cooked from pineapple?
Although pineapple is considered to be a very exotic and not the most common fruit, many managed to love it. And some even cook different dishes from it. And what tasty and interesting can be made from pineapple?
Pineapple in the dishes
Pineapple can be easily called a universal fruit, because it is added not only to desserts, but also to salads, side dishes and hot meat dishes. And the one who has tried such dishes knows perfectly well that pineapple does not spoil the taste at all, but makes it especially piquant, interesting and bright.
It is worth noting that pineapple is not only tasty, but also very useful. First, it contains a lot of useful substances needed by our body. Secondly, the composition of this fruit includes special enzymes that improve digestion, accelerate metabolic processes and even burn fat. And so the dishes with the addition of pineapple can be called light and dietary.
Canned or fresh?
If earlier pineapple could be bought only in canned form,then today on the shelves can be found and fresh. Which is best to use? Undoubtedly, fresh fruit will be more useful. But, unfortunately, to choose a truly mature, juicy and high-quality fruit is not easy.
Many pineapples are either unripe or overripe, and neither of them is suitable for us. In addition, fresh pineapples have one feature: due to the content of enzymatic substances, they can strongly knit the tongue and even irritate the mucous membranes of the mouth. Canned fruits are less healthy, but more juicy, sweet and tasty.
How to choose a fresh pineapple?
To make the dish useful and tasty, when choosing pineapples, pay attention to the following points:
- Leaves should be dense and green, not yellow or brown. Darkening or withering at the tips is allowed (fruits still make a long and difficult path to the store shelves).
- Scales should be brown and fairly dense. On its surface should not be damaged.
- Smell. It should be pleasant and fruity, but not putrid.
- Feel the fruit, hold it in your hands. It must be quite heavy and tight.
How to clean?
Peeling pineapples is quite simple:
- First you need to cut off the tip. The lower part should also be cut off.
- Now put the pineapple upright and start peeling the skin with a sharp knife from top to bottom.
- Eyes (specks) need to be removed.
- The core of the fruit is quite hard, so it is also better to cut it.
What to cook?
We offer you interesting recipes with the addition of pineapples.
Recipe number 1
How to cook dessert from pineapple? Try to make an incredibly tasty and tender pudding. To do this, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 pineapple (or 1 can of canned fruit);
- 2 eggs;
- 120 grams of sugar;
- 120 grams of flour;
- 120 grams of butter;
- 3 tablespoons of honey;
- 5 tablespoons of milk;
- 1 bag of vanillin.
- Pineapples should be cut in any convenient way, but not too large.
- Now beat the eggs with sugar and honey until foam appears.
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator beforehand; it should be softened. Enter 100 grams (the remaining 20 will go to the lubrication form) in the sugar-egg mixture, continuing to beat everything. Then add flour, vanilla and milk, whisk again well.
- Now take the form for baking (it is best to use silicone) and grease it with the remaining butter.
- Put the ready mixture into the form and gradually add the pineapple pieces.
- Send the form to an oven heated to 160 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- The original dessert is ready!
Recipe number 2
You can make a delicious hot dish of pineapple with chicken. List of ingredients:
- 1 pineapple or a can of canned pineapples;
- 1 kg of chicken fillet;
- 1 onion;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 100 ml of soy sauce;
- cooking oil for frying;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken fillet into small pieces, mix with seasonings and cover with soy sauce (use only half), leave to marinate for an hour or two.
- Pineapple cut into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the onion, peel and chop the garlic.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan, fry onion and garlic lightly.
- Put chicken fillet in a frying pan, fry until golden brown.
- Add the pineapple and the remaining soy sauce, fry it all together for another 3-5 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and stew the chicken with pineapple for about 10 minutes.
Recipe number 3
Prepare delicious hot sandwiches with cheese, ham and pineapple. To do this you will need:
- 5 pieces of a loaf or white bread;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 150-200 grams of ham;
- 150 grams of cheese;
- 5 pieces of canned pineapple;
- vegetable oil.
- First prepare the bread. To do this, peel the garlic and rub it well with each piece of bread. Heat oil in a pan, fry the bread until golden brown.
- Cut ham into thin slices.
- Cheese, too, cut into thin slices.
- Put the ham on the bread first, then the pineapple slice, and then the slice of cheese. You can put greens on top.
- Take a baking sheet, cover the bottom of it with a parchment soaked in oil, and put the sandwiches.
- Send the pan to the oven, heated to 170 degrees, for 7-10 minutes.
- The snack is ready!
Recipe number 4
You can make a salad of corn, chicken, pineapple and mushrooms. Here are the ingredients you need:
- 500 grams of chicken breast;
- 300 grams of fresh pineapple;
- 300 grams of marinated champignons;
- 1 can of corn;
- 100 grams of lettuce leaves;
- salt and seasonings to taste;
- mayonnaise for refueling.
- Rub chicken breast with salt and seasonings, wrap in foil and bake in the oven at 170 degrees until ready. Free the breast from the bones and cut into cubes.If desired, you can not bake the breast, and boil, but cooked in the oven has a brighter taste.
- Peel pineapple, remove pith and eyes. Cut the fruit into small cubes.
- Remove the champignons from the marinade, fold it in a colander to drain excess liquid. If the mushrooms are large, then you can cut them.
- Wash lettuce leaves, dry and narvite hands, or cut with a knife.
- Mix the chopped breast, pineapple, mushrooms and chopped lettuce, add the corn (without liquid). Salt the salad, season with mayonnaise and mix it well.
Recipe number 5
Pineapple can be made tasty, healthy and low-calorie ice cream. You will need:
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 300-400 grams of pineapple;
- 1.5 glasses of water;
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- First you need to make a syrup. To do this, dissolve the sugar in water and bring the liquid to a boil. Boil the syrup for 5 minutes to thicken it.
- Peel the pineapple, cut into slices and grind on a blender until smooth.
- Pour the syrup and lemon juice into the pineapple puree, beat it all over again.
- Pour the mass into forms and send to the freezer to freeze overnight.
- Take the finished ice cream out of the mold and enjoy its taste.
Some useful tips:
- To make the pineapple juicy and sweet, turn it over and leave it in that position for the night.
- If you choose unripe pineapple, then let it ripen. To do this, just put the fruit on the window, let it spice in the sun. But do not overdo it, otherwise the pineapple will disappear.
- Use pineapple slices to decorate dishes.
Be sure to cook unusual and tasty dishes from pineapple!