What is a mechanic?
Mechanics are the science of moving bodies and the interactions between them during movement. At the same time, attention is paid to those interactions that resulted in a change in motion or deformation of the bodies. In the article we will tell you about what mechanics is.
Mechanics can be quantum, applied (technical) and theoretical.
- What is quantum mechanics? This is a branch of physics that describes physical phenomena and processes whose actions are comparable with the value of Planck’s constant.
- What is technical mechanics? This is a science that reveals the principle of operation and the structure of mechanisms.
- What is theoretical mechanics? This is the science and movement of bodies and general laws of motion.
Mechanics studies the movement of various machines and mechanisms, aircraft and celestial bodies, oceanic and atmospheric currents, plasma behavior, deformation of bodies, the movement of gases and liquids in natural conditions and technical systems, polarized or magnetized medium in electric and magnetic fields,stability and durability of technical and construction facilities; movement through the respiratory tract of air and blood through the vessels.
Newton's law lies at the base, with the help of it describe the movement of bodies with small speeds compared to the speed of light.
In mechanics there are the following sections:
- kinematics (about the geometric properties of moving bodies, not taking into account their mass and acting forces);
- statics (about finding bodies in equilibrium using external influence);
- dynamics (of moving bodies under the influence of force).
In mechanics, there are concepts that reflect the properties of bodies:
- material point (body, the size of which can be ignored);
- an absolutely solid body (a body in which the distance between any points is constant);
- solid medium (the body, whose molecular structure is neglected).
If the rotation of the body in relation to the center of mass in the conditions of the considered task can be neglected or it moves progressively, the body is equal to the material point. If you do not take into account the deformation of the body, then it must be considered absolutely non-deformable. Gases, liquids, and deformable bodies can be considered as whole media in which particles continuously fill the entire volume of the medium.In this case, when studying the movement of the medium, an apparatus of higher mathematics is used, which is used for continuous functions. From the fundamental laws of nature - the laws of conservation of momentum, energy and mass follow the equations describing the behavior of a continuous medium. The mechanics of continuum contains a number of independent sections - aerodynamics and hydrodynamics, the theory of elasticity and plasticity, gas dynamics and magnetic hydrodynamics, dynamics of the atmosphere and water surface, physical and chemical mechanics of materials, mechanics of composites, biomechanics, and space fluid mechanics.
Now you know what a mechanic is!