The secrets of cooking perfect duck breast
Duck breast was recently considered a real delicacy, but now it can be found in almost any large store. But how to cook this part so that it is appetizing and juicy?
How to choose?
To make the duck breast tender, it must be fresh. And how to determine this when buying in a store? Pay attention to the following points:
- It is advisable to get the breast chilled, because after freezing some of the healthy and taste properties are lost.
- Packaging must be intact.
- Duck meat is rather dark, it has a gray-maroon tint. If it is brown or light, then they are trying to deceive you.
- If on the package you find the inscription “Magret”, it means that the duck was fattened to produce foie gras. The breast will be wider and fat.
- Pay attention to shelf life.
How to cook?
How tasty and properly to prepare a duck breast? Usually it is either fried or baked in the oven, such methods are considered the most optimal and are ideal for such meat. Below are a few recipes.
The recipe is the first
Incredibly juicy and tasty breasts can be cooked with orange sauce. You will need:
- two duck breasts;
- five tablespoons of soy sauce;
- three medium sized oranges;
- 150 ml of white wine;
- 150 ml of chicken broth;
- two tablespoons of honey;
- pepper and salt to taste.
- Wash duck breasts, dry and fry in a frying pan for literally two or three minutes on each side so that a light blush appears.
- Next, pour the roasted breasts with soy sauce and send to the oven for ten minutes (it is advisable to grease the bottom of the form with a small amount of olive oil, but this is not necessary).
- Next, proceed to the most interesting - the preparation of the sauce. In a saucepan, mix the chicken broth and white wine. Peel the oranges, squeeze the juice out of them and pour it into the pot, put it on the fire.
- When the mixture boils, put honey, pepper and salt in it. Boil the sauce until thick.
- Cut the finished breasts into slices and immerse in the prepared sauce, stew in it for about 5 minutes on low heat.
Try to make a very tasty and very unusual salad from the breast. Here is what you need for this:
- one breast;
- tablespoon of olive oil;
- 200 grams of cranberries;
- 200 grams of arugula (can be replaced with a leaf salad);
- 100 grams of olives (green);
- two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar;
- two tablespoons of honey.
- Breasts need to be roasted on low heat for about 7-8 minutes on each side. Then cool them slightly and cut into strips or cubes.
- Arugula narvite.
- Mix balsamic vinegar with honey to get a dressing.
- Mix the ingredients, if necessary, salt them and season with the sauce.
- Salad ready!
Breast can be fried. Here is what you need for this:
- 100 ml of apple juice;
- 50 ml of white wine;
- one duck breast;
- olive oil;
- First you need to wash the breast and marinate in apple juice with wine. Leave it in such a mixture for 40 minutes, then salt with salt.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Breast cut into two or three parts, so that it was convenient to fry.
- Fry the pieces on each side until rosy, then cover the pan with a lid and simmer for about three minutes.
In the oven you can cook a stunning breast with apples.Prepare the following ingredients:
- one duck breast;
- two apples;
- 50 grams of butter;
- three tablespoons of balsamic vinegar;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- The breast must be cut superficially in several places and fried in a small amount of butter in a frying pan (literally for a minute on each side).
- Now cut the fried breast into small portions of medium size, each with salt.
- The remaining oil is melted and mixed with balsamic vinegar and pepper.
- Wash apples, peel and chop them.
- Lubricate the apples and breast pieces with vinegar-oil mixture.
- Put everything in a baking dish and send it to a preheated oven for 160-170 degrees for 15 minutes.
The fifth recipe
Make a delicious breast in a sweet and sour sauce. You will need:
- one breast;
- olive oil;
- onion head;
- three cloves of garlic;
- one apple;
- one lemon;
- two teaspoons of sugar;
- 30 grams of butter;
- salt to taste and paprika.
- Beef salted, chop with ground paprika, then cut crosswise over the peel and fry on each side in olive oil until the appearance of rudeness.Next, send them to the oven for ten minutes.
- Apple rub with a small grater, squeeze juice out of lemon. Peel and chop the garlic and onion.
- In a frying pan in which you roast a breast, fry garlic with onions. Then add applesauce and lemon juice.
- Then put the remaining oil, paprika, sugar and salt, mix and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Immerse the pre-sliced breast in the sauce and stew for a minute.
Little secrets of cooking
Useful advice to housewives:
- Cooking the breast for a long time is not recommended, then it may get too dry. Ideal options are weak cooking (traces of blood are noticeable) or medium (there is almost no blood, but the meat is pinkish).
- Even if you decide to cook the breast in the oven, pre-fry it slightly. In the process of roasting, the subcutaneous fat will melt and soak the pulp, due to which it will become even more tender and soft.
- It is desirable not to remove the skin before the heat treatment, but after it, since the fat that should soften the meat is contained in the skin. And if the skin is removed immediately, the pulp can be quite sinewy.
- So that the peel does not tighten the meat during cooking, it is desirable to make several cross-cuts on it.
- If you decide to fry the breast, then add a minimal amount of oil, preferably with no smell or with a pleasant light aroma (for example, olive oil). And you can do without it, if you use a pan with non-stick coating.
- To make the meat more tender, it is recommended to pre-pickle it. But if you keep the breast in the marinade too long, then the situation, on the contrary, can get worse, so do not overdo it: 30-45 minutes will be enough. In addition, the marinade should not be too acidic, as the acid makes the fibers hard and inelastic.
- Duck meat goes well with berries and fruits. And of them can be prepared as a light marinade, and a terrific sauce that will make the breast even more delicious, savory and tender.
Now the duck breast will definitely get tasty and juicy!