The secrets of cooking delicious escalopa
Fans of meat dishes will certainly appreciate a delicious escalope. The name is impressive, but even the novice mistress will cope with the cooking.
What is escalope?
Escalopes in different cuisines of the world call the regular, as a rule, rounded shape equal layers of meat, which are cut from the best parts of pork or veal carcass. And the cutting is carried out across the fibers, so that the finished dish turns juicy, soft and tender.
Usually cooks cut escalopes from raw fresh meat into layers about 1-1.5 centimeters thick. Next, each piece bounces (with the thickness reduced by approximately five millimeters), sprinkled with salt and pepper and cooked. The breading is not used, and the preferred methods of heat treatment are grilling and roasting (browning) in butter. The finished escalope is served hot and fresh.
How to cook?
How to cook delicious and correct escalopes? We offer several simple ways.
Cook roasted pork escalope, which is likely to be fragrant and juicy if you follow the technology. You will need these ingredients:
- 500 g pork loin;
- 30 g cream or about three tablespoons. l. vegetable oil;
- salt, ground black pepper.
- First, the brisket needs to be washed in running water, dried and cut across the fibers into pieces about the size of a palm and about 1.5 centimeters thick. Each slice of a kitchen hammer slightly repel, but do not overdo it: the pieces should be no thinner than 8-10 mm.
- Next, escalopes should be rubbed with pepper and salt.
- In the frying pan, first warm up, and then heat the butter or vegetable oil. Lay out slices of meat and fry them, reducing the fire to a moderate one, two minutes on two sides. The surface should get gold.
- So that the meat is well cooked and inside, then the pan should be covered with a lid and, after turning down the heat, prepare the escalopes for about ten minutes.
No less tasty and juicy escalopes can be made in the oven. Prepare these foods:
- 500 grams of calf or beef tenderloin;
- 2-3 tbsp. l. vegetable or butter;
- 1.5 Art. l.finished mustard (you can use Dijon);
- a pinch of rosemary;
- salt, if desired, ground pepper (it is not necessary to add it, as the mustard will provide sharpness).
- Wash the meat, after drying, cut into equal even pieces about 1.5 cm thick. You can also make a few notches with a knife.
- Prepare a kind of marinade, mixing mustard with rosemary and salt. With this mixture, rub all the slices of meat and leave for about half an hour.
- Heat the oil well in a skillet to make it gurgle. Roast the escalopes literally for a couple of minutes from each side. They should acquire an easy, but obvious rosy color.
- Next, slices directly in a frying pan, send to a preheated to 170 degrees oven for fifteen minutes. Pre-pour them with the remaining marinade to give more juiciness.
- Done, the dish can be served!
This is an improved recipe, supplemented by several components. Here is what you need for cooking:
- 600-700 g of pork loin or other good portion of carcass;
- 100 g of hard cheese;
- two garlic cloves;
- five st. l. breadcrumbs;
- about 40 ml of vegetable oil;
- pepper, salt.
- Cut the pork flesh into equal pieces about the size of your palm and about 1.5 centimeters thick. Beat them, rub with pepper and salt.
- Take a griddle, put it on the stove, pour the oil and make it boil, then lower the fire a little to avoid hissing.
- Fry the escalopes on moderate heat from two sides so that they become noticeably browned.
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with crushed garlic, egg and cheese, which must first be rubbed on medium or coarse grater.
- Place the fried slices of meat in a ceramic or glass form, on each put an equal portion of the cheese-egg mass.
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees and cook the escalopes in it for fifteen minutes. During this time, the cheese will melt and, together with breadcrumbs and eggs, form an appetizing crust on the surface of the pork pulp.
You can immediately combine the escalope with a side dish by cooking it with tomatoes and mushrooms. This requires:
- 500 g pork tenderloin;
- juicy and large tomato;
- 50 grams of cheese;
- three tbsp. l. mayonnaise;
- 200 g champignons or other mushrooms;
- some butter
- salt and mustard.
- Cut the cut to get four or five approximately equal slices about 1.5 cm thick.
- Salt and coat each piece with mustard, having beaten it off slightly.
- In a skillet, fry the escalopes to a red color, remove and immediately put in a baking sheet or form.
- In the same pan, without changing the oil, fry the onion cut into rings until soft. Next, add the sliced mushrooms, and after a couple of minutes, turn off the fire.
- Tomato is cut into thin circles. Cheese rub. Then on the escalopes, first place the fried mushrooms with onions, then the tomatoes. Coat them with mayonnaise and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for fifteen or twenty minutes.
- Stunning dish is ready!
Finally, a few tips for mistresses:
- To check the readiness of an escalope, you can pierce it with a fork or knife. If the released juice is clear, then the meat is completely cooked. If you notice an admixture of blood, then continue the heat treatment.
- Escalope can be served with meat juice formed during its preparation. Also, this meat dish is suitable tomato, garlic or sour-sweet sauce. But it should be light, as the roasted escalope itself is rather greasy.
- Escalopes are best fry in a griddle with a thick bottom and walls: in such a container, the heating is uniform, and the risks of burning are minimal. In addition, the meat will retain its juiciness.
- In addition to salt and pepper, you can use any other herbs and seasonings, such as basil, parsley, tarragon, cilantro, cardamom, cumin, turmeric, curry, and others. Choose spices for your taste and do not be afraid to experiment.
- Almost any side dish can be served with escalopes, but this dish is best combined with fried, boiled or mashed potatoes, as well as various baked or roasted vegetables, stews. Multi-component, complex side dishes are also welcome.
Be sure to try to make an escalope!