The recipe for an unusual cake “Frazier”
Strawberries and cream are the perfect combination that confectioners have been using since ancient times. For example, it is the main delicious and airy cake "Frazier". By the way, any hostess can cook it if you wish!
What is this dessert?
"Frazier" or "Frezier" is a traditional French dessert, which is a cake consisting of biscuit dough cake, juicy strawberries, as well as an airy most delicate cream mousse.
Delve into history. You should start with the name, which literally translates as “strawberry” or “strawberry bush”. But such a berry in France was named after Antoine de Frezier, who was a spy and advisor to Louis XIV himself. His love for food was well known to many, and for her he is still remembered. And it was precisely this weakness that Frees used at the time.
According to one of the legends, in 1714 in South America, where he performed the task of the king, he was exposed. And instead of secrets, he brought to France an unusual berry - strawberries.But he did not venture to give it fresh, so he decided to use cream. Thanks to this exquisite combination, the Frezier cake, which today is known almost all over the world, appeared a little later.
How to cook?
How to cook a cake "Frazier"?
Here's what you need to make biscuit cakes:
- three eggs;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 50 grams of flour;
- 25 grams of starch;
- tablespoon of vanilla sugar (or one packet of vanilla);
- teaspoon baking powder for dough or soda.
- 200 grams of sugar;
- 400 ml of milk;
- six tablespoons of potato starch;
- three eggs;
- 200 grams of butter;
- 1.5 tablespoons of gelatin;
- 50 ml of water;
- tablespoon of vanilla sugar (you can replace two bags of vanilla).
- 500 grams of strawberries.
- For syrup:
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 100 ml of water.
- dark chocolate bar.
- First, go in for the sponge cake. To cook the eggs, whisk well with sugar and salt to make a light (almost white) mass. Now add the starch and baking powder. If you use soda, then quench it with boiling water or lemon juice, otherwise the dough will not rise.Next, without turning off the mixer, start gradually to drive into the flour. Pour the dough into a round shape and bake until brown. Then cool the sponge cake and cut it into two parts (you can bake it in parts, then the cakes will be more even and neat).
- Now cream. To make it, beat the eggs with half the sugar. Dissolve the other half in milk and boil it. Now, continuing to beat the eggs, gently enter the milk in them. Then add starch and vanilla sugar, continue to beat. Gelatine soak in cold water, and when it swells, heat it in a water bath until it dissolves completely. Add it to the cream, whisk everything again, and then add the butter. Put the cream in the fridge for literally twenty minutes.
- Cook the syrup. Dissolve sugar in water and boil the mixture to thicken it.
- Wash strawberries, remove the stalks.
- Now you can proceed to the formation of the cake. For convenience, take the pastry form, it will significantly simplify and speed up the process. In it, put the cake, soak it with syrup, and then sprinkle with cream, using about a third. Next, lay the strawberries and again promazhte all cream.Put the second biscuit cake, top the cake too, anoint with cream. Put the cake in the fridge overnight so that it is completely frozen. The cream should resemble a light air jelly.
- And finally, decorations. Chop or rub the chocolate on a grater and sprinkle the cake with the resulting chocolate chips.
- Delicious cake "Frezier" is ready!
- The above recipe is not the only one, there are others. Ingredients, like their number, may differ. For example, in some embodiments gelatin is not added to the cream, but then it will be more liquid, it will not harden.
- To make the cake "Frazier" with strawberries was not only tasty, but also beautiful, it is desirable to use selected berries of approximately the same size. And you can also cut a part of them into halves and put them on the sides so that the cut is clearly visible.
- Do not try to speed up the process of setting, putting the cake in the freezer, not in the freezer, because of this all the main components may suffer, which will affect the taste and appearance of the dessert.
Now you can make this amazing cake and surprise your household.