Ten of the most unusual forms of transport
Public transport is in every country and in almost all cities, but some of its most common forms suddenly acquire non-standard forms and creative execution. Surely you will be interested to learn about the most original means of transportation.
Top 10 most unusual types of transport:
- "Hippo" looks like the most common bus, which in the world are millions. But in fact, he manifests himself very unusually. Starting a trip on the ground, this transport suddenly reincarnates into a watercraft and begins to slide easily along a completely different element. An amphibious bus, as locals and tourists call it, can be seen in Toronto, Australia, and a ride on it is a wonderful and fun-filled way to explore the city and see most of its attractions. The tour covers the land, and then the route changes, and the transport plunges into Lake Ontario. The cabin seats about forty passengers, inside the hull is dry and comfortable, but if you like, you can swim, if the weather permits.
- "Personal Rapid Transit" has a small cabin in a streamlined form, which can accommodate only one passenger. Automated personal transport transports a person without his intervention and help, and works on an electric motor. But you can only see the “Personal Rapid Transit” in one place - the London International Airport. Although it is possible that transport will be produced en masse and will be distributed to other cities and countries, but for now, it is possible to take a ride only on the territory of Heather.
- In Shanghai, you can meet and even try out the fastest train - "MagLev". It is distinguished from other trains by the principle of movement: the train does not travel along rails, as it usually happens, but literally hovers over them. But nothing magical in this way to make the transport move is not, everything is quite simple and is based on magnetic levitation. It is with the help of a powerful magnetic field that the train is driven. And the laws of physics helped to develop the maximum record speeds, which can reach 420-430 kilometers per hour. Impressive, isn't it?
- In the German city of Wuppertal, there is the world's only railway cableway, which runs to a greater extent over the Wupper River and is located at a height of 12 meters.The total length of the canvas is 13.5 kilometers, of which only about three km passes over Wuppertal streets. A suspension train appeared at the beginning of the last century and was considered to be the safest transport for almost a hundred years, until in the 99th year of the 20th century, due to a mistake by the builders, an accident occurred in which three people died. But not so long ago a large-scale repair was carried out with the replacement of all fasteners, and the station was returned to its original appearance.
- In Thailand, you can find a very unusual water taxi, regularly plying the canals. Bangkok, which is often called “eastern Venice”, is crossed by water arteries, which can only be moved by a specific transport. The river has long become an important and integral part of the transport system, and water taxis are used as public transport. And sometimes this way of traveling around Bangkok is faster and more comfortable than driving on narrow smoke-filled roads with constant traffic jams. Although the tides and low bridges force the “water taxi drivers” to partially submerge the boats in the water, this does not frighten the passengers at all.
- There is a railway in Cambodia, but the trains are not used to all trains, but small open cars made of bamboo and accommodating a limited number of passengers. Cambodians call this unique and unique transport a kind of nori and use it with pleasure to move between settlements. The bamboo platform is literally two dozen centimeters from the ground and is equipped with an engine that allows you to reach speeds of up to 35-40 kilometers per hour, which, of course, is more convenient and faster than walking. The fare is more than affordable, and for one flight the platform can move up to ten to twelve people.
- In the Chilean city of Valparaiso you can see unusual wooden elevators. This amazing lifting system was built at the beginning of the last century, and its original primary task is to transport people to areas located high in the hills and difficult to reach. And although today, for their intended purpose, wooden elevators are not used, the Chilean authorities decided to leave them and turn them into a tourist cultural object. Visitors gladly sit in such a non-standard transport,rise on it and enjoy not only the trip, but also the stunning views of Valparaiso.
- In Israel, you can see the world's only cable car, which is underground. It is called Carmelite and was discovered in the middle of the last century. Although thirty years later it was closed, but only for restoration. For repair work was spent a lot of effort and money, but in the 92nd year the funicular again functioned. Most of the city of Haifa, in which Carmelite runs, is located at the top of the mountain called Carmel (transport was named after it), and locals can comfortably move along the slope right in the rock. The difference between the upper and lower points is 274 meters.
- Wubbo Superbus. It can be seen in the United Arab Emirates - a country where everything is expensive and rich, including public transport. Bus with a loud name - too much evidence of this. This hybrid hypercar, bus and limousine accommodates twenty-three passengers and runs between two major cities: Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Developed this unusual transport in the Netherlands, and it looks very impressive.But non-standard appearance - not all the features. In addition to the elongated streamlined shape and the unusual way of opening numerous doors, impressive speeds are available to passengers - up to 250 kilometers per hour.
- In Barcelona, along the streets of the city go unusual tricycles, called "GoCar". It's not so much public transport as a tourist one, and it's mostly used by visitors who want to explore the territory and get pleasant emotions. Locally jokingly called tricycles "singing a taxi." The driver of this mini-car with three wheels is not, but there is a navigation system and a set of sensors with the help of which movements are carried out. But go "GoCar" on the given routes and are intended for sightseeing tours around Barcelona.
And which of these types of transport would you like to ride?