Pros and Cons of the DASH Diet
Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, or DASH, has been voted as the best overall diet for several years in a popular survey. The DASH program was developed by a panel of experts at the National Institutes of Health to help Americans lower their blood pressure, but as it turns out, it is also effective at weight loss as well.
DASH Diet Helps You Lose Weight
- Cost:A benefit is that the DASH eating plan is free and accessible. Unlike commercial eating programs, everything you need to learn the program is available online free-of-charge. The food you eat can be easily found at any grocery store and aren't necessarily expensive foods.
- Flexibility:DASH diet plans are available for calorie levels 1,200, 1,600, 2,000, 2,600 and 3,100, so it is easy to choose the level that will produce steady weight loss depending on your starting weight and gender. As you lose weight and transition to a lifelong eating pattern, you can use the plans for the appropriate calorie level for maintenance.
- Health:You will enjoy research-proven health benefits in lowering high blood pressure and cholesterol by following this diet.
- Nutrition: With the DASH diet, you will be eating the foods everyone recommends for good nutrition and avoiding empty calories and overly processed foods.
- Backed By Major Health Organizations:The DASH diet is endorsed by the National Institutes of Health, the American Heart Association, and the USDA.
- Lack of Convenience:Because this is not a commercial diet, you won't get pre-packaged foods delivered to your door. You can't go to the freezer section of your local market and get meals that are already cooked. This diet takes some work.
- Not Specifically Designed for Weight Loss:While you can follow one of the lower-calorie target plans of the DASH diet, the primary emphasis is not on weight loss.
- Support:If you find that you do best in a program that includes regular meetings, social support, and check-ins, you will have to seek those out on your own.
Video: Dash Diet Foods: What Can I Eat On The Dash Diet?
A Simple, Effective Back Workout to Strengthen and Stretch
Dads Beautiful Post Honors His Brave Wife, Who Is Carrying Their Baby to Term for Organ Donation
Nose Job May Make You Look a Bit Younger, Too
The Best Ways to Save Money Even Impulsive Spenders Can Get Behind
How to Save Your Marriage After a Job Loss
151 Pounds Lost: Lisa Cuts Temptation to Cut Her Weight in Half
Beauty and the Beast’: How Be Our Guest looks without visual effects
The New Commandments Of Wearing Suits With Trainers
Spotify Has Revealed Its Most Popular Workout Tracks
Snap Up A 2 Jane Austen Collector’s Coin
Meet Sombré, Ombré Hairs Low-Maintenance Alternative
Breitling Bentley Take To The Skies For Jet Team Series