Lemon Easter Egg Cakes
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. fresh lemon zest plus
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
package cream cheese
1 1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar
Cookie cutters, nonpareils, sanding sugars and confetti sprinkles, for decorating
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 13-in. cake pan with cooking spray, line the bottom with parchment paper and coat the paper with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat the granulated sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, 3/4 cup (1 1/2sticks) of the butter and 2 Tbsp of the lemon juice in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Reduce the mixer to low and alternately add the flour mixture and the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup butter until smooth. Beat in the confectioners' sugar and remaining Tbsp lemon juice until fluffy.
- Using a 3 x 4-in. egg-shaped cookie cutter as a stencil, cut out nine eggs from the cooled cake. Working with the cakes on a parchment paper--lined rimmed baking sheet, frost each one with about 3 Tbsp icing.
- Using 1/2- to 1 1/2-in. mini cutters as stencils, place a cutter on top of one cake and use a small spoon to shake sanding sugar or nonpareils either inside or outside the cutter. Push the sugar into place with the back of the spoon, and use the tip of a knife to spread sugar into the pointy edges of cutter, if necessary. Brush excess sugar off the cake with the back of the spoon, then carefully remove cutter. Place a piece of pastel confetti in the center of each flower. Repeat on all cakes as desired.
Video: Best Easter Egg Dying Kits - We review them all - LemonReds episode 46 #eastereggs
How I Finally Lost 140 Pounds After Years Of Dieting
WHY YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE SHOULD BE A TRIATHLON
7 Magic Soups That Will Help You Kick That Annoying Winter Cold
When Sore Throat Strep Turns Deadly
Heres Exactly What I Ate To Cure My Type 2 Diabetes High Cholesterol
Refreshing Lemon-Lime Popsicles
Alzheimers May Vary, Brain to Brain
Everything You Need to Know About Milking a Guys Prostate
Learning to Overcome Cheating
The earrings that are making a real statement
Hairstyles and Haircuts for Round Faces
Date: 09.12.2018, 07:40 / Views: 84151