How to use Steam?
Before you figure out how to use Steam, it is worth explaining what the program is and what it is for. Steam is a well-known and largest digital store of games and updates for them on the Internet. The name in Russian sounds like "valve". Users among themselves call it simply: "Steam". With the help of Steam, you can purchase more than three thousand products of this subject and not only. At the moment, Steam has more than 63 million users, which is an undoubted record for such a resource. The owner and creator of the store is a well-known company Valve Software.
- free use of already purchased and activated games,
- automatic free update of games. Updates are installed automatically upon exit,
- news of the world of games
- information about new products
- search for games and servers for them according to various criteria and filters,
- buying a game for another person as a gift at your own expense,
- different communities of interest
- chat between users.
How to install the program and how to use itto activate the game and use all the variety of resource capabilities? Consider step by step instructions.
Installing "Steam" and creating an account
- To install Steam, you need an Internet connection. It is best to download the program from the official site.
- When installing, the program will ask for a username and password. If you are installing Steam for the first time, you need to go through a formal registration process. To do this, you must fill in the following fields: "Account name" - your unique name (login) on the Steam system, "Password" - respectively, the password. In the next field, you will need to re-enter the specified password. Next, click "Next"
- In the event that the login you have created already exists in the system, you will be given the opportunity to change it to a new one.
- Further in both fields we enter the active e-mail address and select a secret question that may be needed in the future to recover the password. Answer the question and press the "Next" button.
- The system will display a message about the end of registration. Click "Finish"
When you first enter the "Login" field, respectively, enter the login, and in the "Password" field - the password. Next, press the key "Remember my password" for convenience.The next time you log into your account will be automatically. Yes, and this will allow you to run games without an Internet connection, which is very convenient if the connection is suddenly lost, and you want to play. Press the "Login" key.
Registered, entered, looked around and now the key question is how to activate the game? How to use Steam? To activate the game, you must perform the following steps:
- Open the menu item of the program called "Play Games"
- In this window, click on the name of the game
- In case your copy of the game has not yet been activated, Steam will automatically offer you to buy it.
- Click on “Register a product I already own”
- Next, you must enter the individual registration number of the copy of the purchased game and press the “Next” button.
- After checking the number and downloading updates, the program will complete activation
Payment of purchases
Payment in the Steam store is carried out in the following ways:
- credit cards Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, JCB
- debit cards Visa, Mastercard
- Yandex money
- QIWI Wallet
- And others. Less common (depending on the region).
Good advice at last
- An important point to remember in the context of how to use a stim is that it is not possible for two users to play from one account.
- if when loading an activated game, the speed is lower than your connection can provide you need to go to “Settings” - “Download” and change the download server in the context menu.
- look for game secrets in various thematic communities.
- Be sure to wait for the games to load at 100% and do not allow any breaks in the Internet connection, since otherwise, the entire activation procedure will need to be restarted.