How to treat the lower back?
Periodically, back pain can bother almost every person. When such unpleasant sensations appear, one should know what is their cause and how to treat the lower back in each particular case.
Causes of low back pain
In medicine, the main causes of pain in the lumbar region are divided into primary and secondary. Primary pains are directly related to the spine. These include:
- Age-related changes in the structures of the spine;
- Herniated intervertebral discs;
- Osteocondritis of the spine;
- Violations in the musculo-ligamentous apparatus.
Secondary pains are related to diseases of the organs in the immediate vicinity of the painful zone. For example, these may be:
- Inflammation of the joints;
- Skin diseases;
- Pathological changes of the internal organs in the lumbar region;
- Diabetes, etc.
How and what to treat different back pain
Under this name hides lumbosacral radiculitis, also called lumbago. The name very precisely characterizes the nature of the pain, it is sharp and appears suddenly.A person freezes in a pose in which pain overtook him, and at this moment it is extremely important to know how and how to treat this condition.
Painful sensations will help eliminate the course of manual therapy. It consists of 5-10 sessions, but after the second patient will feel a strong relief. In addition, you should perform a therapeutic massage and undergo a procedure of physiotherapy. Any drugs during this period should be prescribed only by a doctor. He can recommend to conduct therapeutic exercises both during treatment and after it.
- When lumbar keep calm and bed rest.
- Sleep on a hard surface, raising your legs to elevation.
- When walking, wear a support belt or use crutches (it helps unload the spine).
- To reduce the edema of the strangulated spinal nerve root, take a diuretic.
We also recommend that you read the article of our resource - How to treat lumbar osteochondrosis.
In the case of the lower back, muscular neuralgia is manifested by aching pains in the spinal region, aggravated by movement and pressure.It can occur for many reasons, one of which is drafts. If such a nuisance happened and the lower back blew, then the following tips will tell you how to treat it.
- Rub your back with a warming ointment, alcohol, or any other agent that contains it. Wrap the lower back warmly and keep calm.
- Try to remove the pain with the help of folk remedies: you need to put 1 tsp on the cabbage leaf. mustard powder, salt, honey, grated on a fine grated horseradish, vegetable oil. Cabbage leaf with gruel is applied to the sore spot and fixed with a bandage. Leave overnight.
Not less useful information about the treatment of back pain, you will find in our article - tore his back, how to treat.
When the back already hurts - you need to think about how to treat it, but it is much more effective to take preventive measures in order to prevent the disease.
- Beware of sweating outside, even if you think it's warm there. A light breeze is enough to chill the lower back.
- Do not sit under the air conditioner.
- Dress for the weather.
- Wear clothing that covers the lumbar region (elongated jackets, sweaters, pants and high-rise jeans).
- Regularly perform a simple set of exercises that will allow your back muscles to get enough exercise.