How to stuff squid?
Watch the video
Squids have won the love of many because of not only the nutritional value and diet, but also because of the squid meat you can cook a lot of delicious dishes. Squid meat is boiled, pickled, fried, stuffed - it can be cooked as fantasy wishes. In this article we will look at how and what can be stuffed squid.
Squids with rice and vegetables
Tasty and low-calorie dish, which every hostess can easily cope with, if she observes the rules of cooking this meat.
- 8 squid carcasses
- 2-3 medium carrots
- 200-250 grams of champignons
- 300 grams of rice (it is advisable to use steamed rice)
- 1 average pot of sweet corn
- 1 average pot of green peas
- Ground pepper (you can use any spices to taste)
- Greens (dill, parsley)
- Olive or any other olive oil for frying
- Peel the onion and chop it finely. Fry on low heat with the addition of a small amount of oil for 5-7 minutes.
- Wash the carrots, peel them and grate on a coarse grater. Add to the onion and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Rinse the champignons, coarsely chop them and add to the pan to the onions and carrots, fry everything on low heat for 10 minutes. If necessary, add more oil.
- Boil rice in a microwave or in a saucepan, add to vegetables and mushrooms, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Now open the jars of corn and peas, pour out the water and send to rice, carrots and mushrooms.
- Add salt, pepper and stew for a couple of minutes. After that, remove from heat.
- Rinse the squid carcasses, peel off the film and rinse again. If you take small carcasses, the meat will be softer, but then they will need more.
- Cut off the tail of the squid, leaving a small hole.
- Stuff the squid, fix the open parts with toothpicks.
- Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil, heat the oven to 180-200 degrees.
- Squash mayonnaise and sprinkle with herbs. Put on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
You can also make a sauce of flour, milk and water and saute squids in a deep frying pan.
Squid stuffed with meat in white wine
There is also a wonderful way for those who want to cook an unusual and very tasty squid meat dish.
- 8 squid carcasses
- 250 grams of minced meat (beef and pork)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 fresh medium sized tomatoes
- White wine
- Rinse the squids, remove the foil and rinse again. Drain.
- Mix the minced meat with chopped greens and squeeze garlic into the garlic crush.
- Add salt, onion (half), pepper and some wine to the mince.
- Fry minced meat until cooked in vegetable oil.
- After the stuffing will be ready, stuff them with squid carcasses, after cutting off their tails. Secure with toothpicks.
- For the sauce, take the remaining half of the onion and fry it in butter until golden brown in a deep frying pan.
- At this time, wash the tomatoes and finely chop them, add to the onions and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After this time, put the stuffed squids in the resulting sauce and pour them with wine.
- Add a little salt, cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes, until the squid meat tastes soft.
The secrets of stuffing squid
In the preparation of squid by stuffing, too, has its own secrets, as in any dish.
- It is better to take small squids - their meat is more tender and juicier.
- Vegetables are well suited to squid, including perfectly combined with zucchini.
- The main thing is not to overdo it with the cooking of squid meat and always use a sauce for stewing when cooking, otherwise the dish may turn out to be dry.