How to set up GPRS?
First you need to make sure that the GPRS-Internet service is connected and supported by your operator. You also need to check the settings of the phone itself - if it supports such an option. Mobile operators provide two types of Internet access - this is GPRS-INTERNET and GPRS-WAP. The first type of service is cheaper than GPRS-WAP, therefore it is more expedient to configure it. If the Internet is configured for this phone for the first time, then after changing all the settings, you need to re-register the SIM card on the network. To do this, you must first turn off the phone for a few minutes, and then turn it on again. How to set up Internet GPRS will also depend on your phone model, and even on your service provider. Some operators, for example, Beeline, have the option "Autotune", which can be activated on the official website of the operator.
Setting up GPRS for your phone
Before you set up GPRS on your phone, you need to check the functions of the device. To do this, go to the phone menu:
- After that, you need to go to the "Settings" section, where you select the "Configuration" item, and then open the "Personal Configuration Settings" tab.
- In this tab, you need to select the item “Functions” using the left key, and then select two options - “Add new” and “Access point”.
- You must enter any data in the field "Account Name", it can be the name of the service provider or anything else.
- Further, in the section “Access Point Settings”, select the “Data Channel” item, where, in turn, select “Packet Data”.
- The following is the main point of how to configure GPRS - section "Access Point Settings / Channel Settings." There you need to select the item "T / d packet data."
- The item “T / d packet data” is filled depending on the data of the operator. In Beeline, this is “internet.beeline.ru”, in Megafon the central region is “internet.mc”, in Megaphone-contract is internet ”, in Megaphone the north-west is“ internet.nw ”, and in MTS - this is "internet.mts.ru".
- If you have several SIM-cards from different operators, then you need to configure several access points. So, changing the SIM-card, you will not have to change the settings, and can only switch access points. To do this, go to the "Settings" section, where you select the "Configuration" section. Then select the item “Personal configuration settings”, where you select “Functions”. Then specify two options - "Add new" and "Internet".
- After that, you need to go to the "Settings" and the "Configuration" section, where you select "Standard Configuration Settings". Then select “Personal configurations” and open their functions, where select “As standard”.
- After that, in the “Configuration” section, you need to select “Standard set”, where you click the “Select” button and confirm the selection.
- In the “Configuration Settings” section under the “Configuration” item, select “Personal Configurations” and then specify an account. Now you can go online using the standard browser of your phone.
GPRS settings for smartphone
Modern smartphones on the Android platform can automatically receive settings from the service provider for Internet access points as soon as they are first connected to the network. But sometimes this does not happen, because the phone may be smuggled or fake. Or have a manufacturing defect. In any case, there is a way to set up GPRS. The necessary sections are installed on Android:
- In the menu of the smartphone "Settings" you need to select "Wireless Networks", where you select "Mobile Network". Next, you need to go to the "Operators" item, where the search for all available telecom operators should automatically begin.If the system has identified your operator, then you need to select the item "Select automatically", or select your operator from the list.
- You can also request to receive settings from your mobile operator. To do this, just call his help desk or send an SMS to the specified number for this. All this can be done on the official website of the mobile operator.
- After that, you need to go to the “Access Points (APN)” item, where you need to select the “New Access Point” item. Then you need to enter data for this access point and specify all configurations and create an account. This procedure is similar to setting up GPRS in a regular phone.