How to Sell Textbooks
Don’t throw away your old and expensive textbooks! If they’re in good condition and you don’t need them anymore, sell them. Not only will you have more space in your room, but you can use the funds to help pay for your textbooks for next year. Selling them is easy, just bring them to your campus bookstore, sell them to your friends, or sell them online!
Selling Your Textbooks to Your School Bookstore
Look your campus bookstore’s sell-back guidelines.To get this information, you can call the store, look on their website, or go to the store in person. If your books fit their guidelines, consider selling them to your campus bookstore for a simple way to get your money back.
- While some bookstores may take books with writing in them, spills, or bent covers, others won’t.
- Some campus bookstores don’t have a buyback program.
Get a quote for your books.You can find out how much your bookstore will pay for your textbooks by using their price estimate tool on their website or speaking directly with a salesperson. If you aren’t satisfied with the price, you can try to sell them to your bookstore at a different time or sell them somewhere else.
- You’ll most likely get a higher price if you sell before finals week. A lot of students are selling during the finals week, making the supply higher and the demand lower.
- You probably won’t get as much money for your textbooks at your campus store than you would online; however, selling them to your bookstore is more convenient. That way, you don’t have to bring your books home with you after exams and worry about shipping.
- They may not take your book back if they aren’t offering a class in the future with the same book or edition.
Sell them to your campus bookstore.Bring your textbooks into your campus bookstore and sell them in person. In return, you’ll either get cash or store credit.
- Sell your textbooks earlier than later. Textbooks lose value over time, especially if a new edition comes out.
- For some college bookstores, you can get store credit instead of cash, which you can use to buy your textbooks for the next year. Typically, they’ll give you more store credit than cash.
Selling Your Textbooks Online
Sell your books through Amazon.You can sell your books through Amazon, as an independent seller. To do this, just get an Amazon account, sign up for an individual seller account, then search for your textbook on Amazon’s, “Sell Your Stuff,” page. Then, set your price, your book’s condition, and the shipping method.
- You can opt for Amazon credit instead of cash if you prefer.
- Once an Amazon user buys your book, ship it to them with the shipping method you listed.
Sell your book on eBay.If you don’t already have an eBay account, create one, then post a listing with the book’s ISBN, current condition, and photos of the book. When another user requests to buy your book, ship it to them promptly. Make sure to describe your textbook’s condition accurately, or else the buyer can return it.
- The ISBN is the 10 to 13 digit number above the barcode on your textbook. It’s used to identify printed books.
- You don’t have to pay a listing fee to sell your books on eBay.
- Price your textbook based on how much other sellers are selling the same textbook for.
Sell your textbook to a textbook sale website.Just enter your textbook’s ISBN and title to get an instant quote. If you are happy with the price, ship it with a shipping label from the website. Once the website receives your package, you’ll get paid.
- Often times the website will pay for your shipping costs.
- Some common and reputable textbooks sale websites are Chegg, Textbook Rush, and Sell Back Your Book.
- It can take up to 15 days to get paid because of processing and shipping time.
- Buyback standards are typically higher for websites. Your textbooks may get rejected if they have anything more than some highlighting in them.
- For popular textbooks and hardback textbooks, you’re more likely to get more money from online textbook sellers.
Selling Your Textbooks to People Directly
Advertise on Social Media.You can post what textbooks you’re selling at what price on your Snapchat or Instagram stories. However, the way to reach the most people is with Facebook. Instead of just selling to your Instagram followers or Snapchat friends, reach thousands of people from your university by posting an ad in your campus’ Free and For Sale Facebook page.
- If you aren’t a member of your school’s Free and For Sale page, just request to join.
- You can also post on your own Facebook timeline if you prefer.
- Either set a price to sell your books at, or let an auction go on in the comments.
Sell them to your friends.If you have friends that are scheduled to take the same classes that you’ve already taken, consider selling your books to them. Not only will you get money for your books, but it’ll save your friends the hassle of finding the cheapest version online.
- You can either talk to them in person, send them a text, or message them through social media.
Put up fliers on campus for your textbooks.On the flier, put a photo of your textbook, the name, author, edition, price, and class it’s for. Then, hang the fliers in a busy place, like the student center, dorms, and relevant academic departments.
- Check with your university before hanging fliers. Some require you to get permission before posting them.
- Sell your textbooks as early as you can.
- Look at how much the same textbook is being sold for online and in your campus bookstore to get a sense for how much money you can get for it.
- Keep your textbooks in the best condition possible.
- Put painter’s tape on the edges of your textbook to keep it in a good condition.
- Instead of writing on your textbook pages, consider writing on sticky notes and sticking them on your textbook pages. That way, you can just remove the sticky notes before you sell it.
Video: How to Sell Used Textbooks on Amazon
How to File a Wrongful Death Claim in California
Top benefits of waking up early
Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lift Age-Correcting Eye Creme 0.5oz
Little Girl Puts Tooth Fairy In Her Place In This Adorable Letter
Cindy Crawford Is Developing a Show About the 80s Modelling Wars
10 Best Sanskar Bharti Rangoli Designs To Try In 2019
How to Make a Certificate Using Microsoft Publisher
After 1 Year of Searching, I Have Finally Found a Natural Deodorant That Works
Suite Blanco SpringSummer 2013 Campaign
Why More Men Should Practice Yoga, According To A Former Professional Athlete
How to Lose Weight as a Vegetarian
Messy Fishtail Braid, Half-up, Half-down Hairstyles: Long Hair
Why We Don’t Buy The Rumored Jennifer Lawrence-Kristen StewartFeud
People Are Freaking Out After Learning You Can Swipe on the Calculator App