How to roll back ios 7?
Watch the video
The iOS 7 operating system introduced by Apple, unlike the previous version of iOS 6, boasts a number of interesting new features, as well as a completely new modern design. However, iOS 7 - this is the new "bugs" (errors). If you are tired of suffering with iOS 7, this article is for you, because in it we will discuss how to roll back iOS 7 firmware on iOS 6.
Before proceeding with the system rollback procedure, we back up all the files on our iPhone. You can simply synchronize with iCloud, but free space in the "cloud" is limited. If your files do not fit in iCloud, you can buy more space or copy the files you need to your computer via iTunes for free.
We prepare technically and morally
First of all, of course, it is necessary to prepare for the rollback procedure morally, since it does not always go smoothly, and the manufacturer’s guarantees in case of such manipulations are removed. However, if you are confident in your decision, we begin to prepare technically. We need - the latest version, the computer and, of course, the phone itself.
- Run iTunes, connect the iPhone to the computer.
- If the backup has already been done, go to the next step, otherwise sync the device and iCloud via iTunes or copy the necessary files to your computer.
- We transfer the phone to the DFU mode, for which we press the iPhone lock button and hold it for about 3 seconds. Next, without releasing the lock button, press the Home key and hold the combination for about 10 seconds. Now release the lock button, and hold the Home key for another 30 seconds.
- If step 3 of this manual is correctly executed, iTunes recognizes the iPhone in recovery mode. Hold down the "Shift" key and click the "Restore" button.
- In the window that appears, select the firmware file downloaded earlier.
- We are waiting for the installation process to complete.
- All! Enjoying the good old iOS6.