How to putty the ceiling?
Watch the video
Repairing your home is a costly process. We spend not only our money, but also a part of our health, after all, it is no secret that any complicated matter is connected with physical and moral exhaustion. Let's see how to properly putty the ceiling, learn all the secrets of a good putty.
What we need for plaster ceiling:
- Starting and finishing putty in the amount of three kilograms and one kilogram, respectively, per one square meter of the ceiling.
- Bandage tape to strengthen the joints of drywall. It will be required when plastering false ceilings. Also, the tape will need to strengthen the cracks on the plastered ceiling.
- Banding kapron mesh to completely seal the ceiling of the house, which is covered with cracks.
- Eaves from expanded polystyrene at the edges of a ceiling.
- Bucket for clean water.
- Bucket for rinsing the container and mixer.
- A small bucket for the preparation of putty solution to putty the ceiling.The volume of the bucket is made up of the ability to develop a mixture of putty completely for half an hour of working time. For debut putty, the bucket volume can range from three to five liters. Make sure that the buckets and other containers that will be used for puttying are perfectly clean.
- Drill with a nozzle mixer for stirring spackling solution.
- Two spatulas of 10 and 30 centimeters each.
- Roller and floor brush for priming the surface of the ceiling.
- Rubber gloves for safe hands.
How to putty the ceiling correctly
The process of filling the ceiling next.
Take the primer solution. Information about its consumption can be found on the packaging. Coat the ceiling with a brush. Remember that the primer is very poorly washed. It must be cleaned from the hands every half hour, and from the face - every ten minutes. All primer that has fallen on the walls and windows, you need to wash off after the stage of priming the ceiling. So you need to putty the ceiling.
The next stage is puttying with the first layer. Take the bucket, which is a third filled with water. Pour the putty into the bucket so that only the surface of the water is covered with the putty.Take the mixer and mix the whole mixture until smooth. Use a narrow trowel to putty the putty from the bucket. Now shift the putty from the narrow trowel to the wide one. Cover the ceiling with a wide spatula. Carry out the filler with wide movements. Hold the spatula at a sharp angle to the surface of the ceiling. The smoother you do the first layer, the easier it will be to apply the second. Your task when applying the first layer - to achieve flatness on the plane. The evenness of the surface is achieved at the stage of finishing putty. That is, the second layer of putty.
After the first layer hardens, you can begin to puttying the second layer. First you need to walk on the ceiling with a spatula to remove unnecessary nodules. The second layer is made very thin. It is necessary to fill the holes that were formed when applying the first layer of putty.
If you putty the ceiling under the wallpaper, then you need to treat the surface of the ceiling with emery paper. So you need to putty the ceiling.
If you putty the ceiling in order to paint it later, then you need to once again putty it with a finishing putty and then treat the surface of the ceiling with emery paper.The size of the emery net should be from 80 to 150.
Thus, it can be assumed that the work does not require special skills. If you are doing puttying for the first time, then you are unlikely to achieve impressive results. Work on the ceiling is complicated by the specifics of its location in space. For example, putty walls - this is an easier job, as they are in a perpendicular plane relative to the ground. Well, the ceiling is parallel to the ground, which implies working in high physical tension. If you are not confident in your abilities, then it is better to contact a good construction company.