How to pickle salmon caviar?
Red caviar is a delicacy loved by many. If you have successfully acquired pink salmon with caviar, do not rush to cook it, and even more so to fry. The fact is that when frying, the film covering the eggs becomes tough enough to ruin your impression about caviar. Better learn how to pickle red caviar of pink salmon and delight yourself and loved ones with delicacy. And we will help you.
Salting caviar: the basis, preparation
A few general points regarding salting caviar of pink salmon.
Pink salmon caviar is located in two cavities, called yastikami, which are connected by a thin film. It is necessary to get rid of this film. For this, caviar is put in gauze (folded in half) and washed under running water, carefully turning the gauze. After that, the film should be on the gauze, and you - neat eggs, one from one. Some offer another way: wrapped all in the same gauze caviar is immersed for a few seconds in hot boiling water, and then immediately in cold. Then separate the film from each egg with your hands. In general, salting caviar is a matter for the patient.
Salting can be done in two ways: using brine or without it. Tuzluk is a concentrated, saturated saline solution. Cooked in water with the addition of other spices. Used to reach temperature at brine. Salting the game of pink salmon is possible without a brine, simply using salt and other ingredients, as described below.
Homemade caviar is stored for no more than two days! Even in the refrigerator, such caviar is not suitable for long-term storage. So count portions.
How to pickle salmon caviar with a brine
It is necessary:
- optional other spices.
- Cook the brine. Proportions: a glass of water 2 teaspoons of sugar and two tablespoons of salt (without a hill). Cook to dissolve salt and sugar. Cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the caviar (cleared of films, as above) fill the brine. Leave for about an hour. It can be a little longer.
- After that, we rinse the eggs under running water, throw them back onto a sieve to allow the water to drain.
- Caviar is ready. But remember, you have a maximum of two days to enjoy fresh, tasty caviar.
Salting caviar without a brine
A simpler option.
It is necessary:
- We make a sugar-salt mixture: for 1 part of sugar - two parts of salt (for example, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 2 - salt).
- Caviar is laid in a china, glass or earthenware dish. Sprinkle with our mixture of salt and sugar, mix thoroughly.
- Put the load on the spawn, for example, a saucer, and on top - a glass of water.
- After five hours you can enjoy red caviar of pink salmon. Caviar is stored with this option for no more than the first - a maximum of two days.