How to collect tomatoes?
Watch the video
Tomatoes are vegetables that can be easily found at the dacha and garden plots. The yield of tomatoes is almost always at a high mark. But it is important to know how to collect them properly, as well as how to get seeds from them.
When the fruits of tomatoes become pink or red, it means that it is time to collect them. This is done very simply - you need to take a vegetable in your hand, twist it a little, and then pick it off the stem. It's okay if there is a stem on the tomato. With it, the vegetable will be stored longer, and before it is consumed or preserved, it can be easily separated from the fruit.
Harvesting is necessary every 3-5 days. After all, if you leave the plants already ripe vegetables, fruiting will decline. At the same time, many people pick unripe, that is, brown tomatoes (they are great for preservation). This approach is correct because it allows you to increase yield. It is also important not to be late with the latest harvest.They must be removed before the period when the night temperature falls below 10 ° C.
If this year you came to like the variety of planted tomatoes, then you certainly need to leave some fruits for harvesting seeds, then in the next season you will be able to enjoy the taste of the vegetables you like again. To do this, you need to inspect as many bushes with tomatoes. Pay attention to those fruits that are on the first and second branches of the bush. It is necessary to find a few of these vegetables, which are perfect in shape, large in size and ripe. After that, boldly pluck them from the bush.
Now it is necessary to act as follows:
- Cut each fruit across into 2 halves.
- Remove the pulp and seeds from the resulting parts and place them in a transparent jar. Cover it with gauze and place in a warm place for 3-5 days.
- When mold and bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pulp, it is necessary to fill it all with water, shake the jar and drain the liquid. This should be done several times so that the pulp is completely separated from the seeds.
- Take a small container, pour 200 ml of water into it and dissolve ½ hour in the liquid.spoons of salt.
- In the resulting solution, lower the seeds. Those that float to the surface, will need to be thrown away, as they will not bring harvest, and lay the rest on paper and dry for several days.