How to Make Stairs in Minecraft
Ladders are great at letting players travel up and down, but they aren't very aesthetic. Stairs may take up more space, but they make your house look a lot better, and they're still just as useful. Creative players have even used stairs as decorative chairs instead; stairs have many more uses other than being used for going up and down. Here is a guide on how to make them.
Creating Stairs in Survival Mode
Decide on a material for your stairs.In addition to being able to use any type of wood in the Minecraft world to make a set of stairs, you can also use certain types of stone:
- Bricks (made from clay)
- Sandstone (mined or made from sand)
- Nether brick
Collect at least six blocks of your chosen material.You'll need six blocks of the same material to create a set of four stair blocks. In order to do so:
- Stone- Mine any kind of stone (cobblestone, sandstone, mossy stone, stone bricks, etc.) with at least a wooden pickaxe.
- Wood- Mine any kind of wood (jungle, birch, oak, etc.) with any tool. Use an axe for the quickest production.
Open your crafting table.To do this, right-click the crafting table (computer edition) or press your console controller's left trigger while facing the table.
- If you don't have a crafting table, you can press (orXfor consoles) and use four wood planks to create a crafting table.
Place your material in the crafting table.To create stairs, you'll need to place three blocks in the first column of the crafting table, two in the second column, and one in the third.
- You'll need to place your blocks starting on the bottom row of the crafting table.
- If you're using the Xbox version of Minecraft, simply scroll over to the stairs icon and then scroll up or down to select your preferred material.
Click the stairs icon.It's to the right of the crafting table interface. Doing so will both create a set of four stairs blocks and add them to your inventory.
- On Xbox, just pressA.
- If your quick-access bar at the bottom of the screen has an opening, the stairs will be added to it.
Selecting Stairs in Creative Mode
Open the Creative menu.Do so by pressing (PC) orX(Xbox).
Scroll down to the stairs section.You'll find every type of stair available for creation in Minecraft about two-thirds of the way down the page. These stairs include the following:
- Oak, birch, spruce, jungle, acacia, and dark wood stairs
- Cobblestone stairs
- Brick stairs
- Stone brick stairs
- Sandstone stairs
- Red sandstone stairs
- Quartz stairs
- Purpur stairs
Click and drag your preferred stair onto the quick-access bar.This bar is at the bottom of the screen; dropping the stairs onto this bar will make them equippable.
- On Xbox, just selected your preferred stairs, tapA, and tapAagain.
Equip your stairs blocks.To do so, click on the stairs in your quick-access bar. They will appear in your hand on-screen.
- If your stairs aren't yet in your quick-access bar, tapE(or pressYfor an Xbox controller) and move the stairs from your inventory to your quick-access bar.
- On Xbox, tapRBto cycle through your quick access menu until your stairs are selected.
Face the block upon which you wish to place stairs.Your cursor in the middle of the screen should be directly in the middle of the block.
Right-click the space on the ground.Doing so will place your stairs. The steps will be facing you.
- On an Xbox, you'll press the left trigger instead.
QuestionWhat are the best blocks for stairs?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt really depends on your personal style and opinion. Many blocks can be used for stairs, so I would recommend exploring some different options to find which one(s) you prefer.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I make stone bricks?Community AnswerYou can make stone bricks by placing smooth stone in a 4x4 square in a crafting table.Thanks!
How do I make stairs in Minecraft?
Can I make obsidian stairs in Minecraft?
To make stairs in Minecraft when you’re in survival mode, collect at least 6 blocks of the material you want to use for your stairs. You can use any type of wood to make your stairs, as well as some types of stone, including bricks, quartz, cobblestone, and sandstone. Open your crafting table, and starting in the bottom row, place 3 blocks in the first column of the crafting table, 2 in the second column, and 1 in the third. Click the stairs icon to the right of the crafting table interface to create a set of 4 stairs blocks.
- Roof making with stair blocks takes some skill; as blocks float in Minecraft though, you should be able to get an idea of fitting the blocks together to make a roof, with a bit of practice. Deciding which blocks will fit well with the stair blocks to make a roof will depend on the materials from which you've created the house; for example, a brick roof under a brick house may look too monochromatic, whereas a contrasting roof made with cobblestone would make it look more creative.
- Allowing your character to walk up stairs will reduce the impact on the hunger bar; walking up stairs is faster than jumping.
- Stairs occur naturally in villages. They are quite a common naturally generated block in generated structures. If you come across stairs, you can take these blocks rather than craft them and use them in your own building. Simply mine with a tool relevant to the material found (pickaxe for rock, axe for wood).
- Wooden stairs: these can be used to create sitting furniture in houses
- Cobblestone stairs: these can be found in front of doors or inside of churches (in NPC villages) and in strongholds
- Sandstone stairs: these can be found in desert NPC villages and in desert temples
- Nether brick stairs: these can be found in Nether fortresses.
- If you're building in Survival mode, don't mine rock or sandstone while facing straight down.
Sources and Citations
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Português: , Deutsch: , Italiano: , Español: , Русский: , 中文: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How to Make Wood Stairs in Minecraft
THIS Is The Best Way To Tell If Youre At A Healthy Weight
How to Be Confident During a Presentation
Get Excited, Beth Ditto Has Collaborated With Jean Paul Gaultier
Why You’ll Be Able to Hook Up With Real Celebrities onTinder
A Silly Thing I Didnt Realize I Missed
How to Conduct a Secondary Survey of an Injured Person
4 Terrific Tips to Reduce Cellulite
20 Useful and Beautiful DIY Stuffs for Winter
Products that are made with cow parts
How to Know What to Do if Your Passport Is Lost or Stolen
How to Find Flattering Ankle Boots
The England Rugby World Cup squad workout
Hair Stencilling Trend: 20 Stenciled Hairstyles to Embrace Now