How to make gravy?
Gravy is suitable for any side dishes. It can be made on the basis of meat or vegetables. How to make gravy using these ingredients is described below.
Minced Meat Gravy Recipe
Before you make a delicious chicken gravy using this recipe, you need to stock up on the following ingredients:
- milk or cream - 400 ml;
- nutmeg - ½ tsp;
- minced chicken - 300 g;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- wheat flour 20 g;
- salt and pepper (red and black) - to taste.
Cooking gravy from mince consists of the following steps:
- Heat the pan and fry the flour on it to a cream color.
- Onions clean and finely chop.
- Take another pan, heat the butter in it and fry the chopped onion for 5 minutes, then add the stuffing, mix everything and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add flour, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg to onions and meat.
- Soak the gravy for another 5 minutes on low heat, and then serve to the side dish.
Pork gravy recipe
To make such a gravy, you need to stock up on the following ingredients:
- pork - 500 g;
- sweet and sour sauce - 4 tbsp. l .;
- wheat flour - 3 tbsp. l .;
- olive oil - 20 ml;
- water - 20 ml;
- ground pepper and salt - to taste.
- tomato paste - 10 g
- Wash the meat, put it on a chopping board and cut it into portions.
- Put the pork in a bowl, cover with sweet and sour sauce, salt and pepper, and then leave it all for 1 hour.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil and fry the meat on it with the sauce over low heat.
- Add flour diluted in water with tomato paste to the main ingredients.
- Soak the gravy for another 5 minutes, and then serve it to the table.
Recipe for tomato sauce in a slow cooker
This recipe does not include the use of meat, and therefore suitable for vegetarians.
- onion - 1 pc .;
- wheat flour - 20 g;
- water - 30 ml;
- sunflower oil - 15 ml;
- tomato paste - 15 ml.
- -1 carrot;
- salt and ground spices - to taste.
Tomato sauce is prepared as follows:
- Take onions and carrots, peel them and finely chop.
- Turn on the slow cooker to the “Frying” mode, pour in the butter and shift the vegetables that you want to fry until done.
- Add tomato paste to the main ingredients, mix everything and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Now put flour in the gravy and add water, then leave it to cook for another 5 minutes, and then serve it to meat dishes.
Please note that instead of tomato paste, you can use tomatoes. They will need to take in the amount of 3 pieces. Then they need to pour over boiling water and thoroughly rubbed through a sieve. The resulting mass is added after roasting in a multicooker carrots and onions.
You can prepare gravy using other recipes. They involve the use of butter, broth and various spices.