How to make glass matte?
All apartments have glass, whether window or door. How to make glass matte, tell our article.
Frosted glass is not only a good barrier from prying eyes, but also an original picture made with your own hands, which, undoubtedly, will decorate any house.
There are several ways to create such glass:
- With the help of sandblaster
- Applying chemical solutions
- Mechanical method
To make such a glass the first way, you will need special equipment, on which, moreover, you can process only glass that has a greater thickness. Such processing is quite rude.
With regard to the second method, it must be remembered that it is not safe to use chemicals at home, which is why this method is best to be entrusted to a professional.
The mechanical way is available to everyone. With the help of abrasive (wiping) pastes that are on sale, you can easily achieve matte glass effect.
- Wipe the glass with a soft cloth.
- Cover the stencil, which is prepared in advance, with glue and glue it onto our glass, while straightening it with a clean cloth.
- In order not to dirty the glass around the picture, it is necessary to cover it with masking tape.
- Next, you need to apply the acquired cleaning paste with a thin layer, using a spatula.
- Now you need to attach the top of the glass of small size and start to grind this paste in a circular motion. To achieve a good result, it will take about 1 hour, but the results of your work will be visible in just a few minutes.
- In the end you need to wash off the remnants of the paste and wipe the glass well.
Now you know how to make the glass frosted!