How to make a skull?
Children are happiness! And with the approach of the New Year holidays, the parents understand that it is time to sit down to sew a costume, in which the beloved child will go to the matinee in school or kindergarten. You will certainly come in handy mask. In this article we will look at how to make a skull and a mask in the form of it. These items will be useful not only for masquerades, but also for games by a large company.
How to make a paper skull
For this you will need:
- 2 pieces of plasticine or clay,
- 1 pack of paper napkins,
- Some white wrapping paper
- PVA (glue),
- Mock skull or drawing,
- Small balloon
- Oil (vegetable) or paraffin,
- Plate or bowl
Now proceed to the creation of the skull:
- First you need to make a blank. Referring to the picture, make it from clay. If the clay is not, then fit the clay. The workpiece should dry out properly. This process will take at least 5-6 days.
- Smear the disc with vegetable oil. If there is no oil, then paraffin may well replace it.
- Initially, you need to tear the napkins into medium pieces. Place them in a saucer with water.Let slightly soaked. Note. Your preparation consists of two parts — the occipital and the front. It is necessary to carefully apply the soaked pieces of napkins on the half of the skull. On the part where there will be a nape, glue more napkins, and on the other less. It is necessary to block and leave holes for the eyes, nose and mouth. The part of the skull that is at the bottom is not glued.
- When the first layer of napkins is applied, the blank must be left in order to get water from it and it dries out. When dry, you can apply other layers. To do this, apply wrapping paper, which is pre-moistened with glue. Now let the stock dry again. Then you can apply a third layer of paper. We dry pasted over preparation and we remove from the form. The second half of the skull is glued in the same way.
- Now you need to combine the half of the skull. If necessary, you can trim the edges with scissors. A strip of wrapping paper smeared with PVA glue will help you seal the seam between them. We apply glue both outside and inside. Drying our stock again.
- Then we need to seal the unnecessary seams and grooves. For this we need wrapping paper.With the help of strips of paper do the edging around the edges. Carefully inspect made skull. If necessary, correct the holes for the nose of the eyeballs, mouth. At the end of the work we need to cover the skull with glue and dry thoroughly.
- With the help of water-based paint, you can paint the skull you have made or varnish it.
How to make a skull mask
- Take, for example, the usual preparation. Consider the option with products made of papier-mâché. As a basis, you can take any mask. If there is no mask, then you can make a form from a cast of your face. It is necessary to impose on the face of five-millimeter layer of clay, specially used for the manufacture of sculptures. A properly made mask covers the entire face completely. Carefully watch how sculpt the shape of the eyes and nose. Then we remove the cast and make the holes we need.
- The resulting pattern should not be pasted over with large pieces of paper. Each of the layers must be lubricated with glue or water.
- Your mask should be approximately 8-9 layers. After this process, leave it to dry for 5-6 days. What you got, separate from the form. If the product is not smooth around the edges, then use sandpaper.In order to add a mask of brightness and color, you can use paint, beads, feathers, etc.
- Paint the blank white. Turn on the fantasy and draw the places where the bones join, mark the teeth.
Now you have an idea of how to make a skull with your own hands.