How to make a database?
Watch the video
Every day people have to deal with a lot of different information. Quite often there is a need to streamline it, process it, etc. For such purposes, special databases are used. You can create them in different ways. Let's look at the basic programs that allow any user to figure out how to make a database.
Access is considered one of the most popular programs. It is included in the standard office suite for Microsoft Office. To create a database in Access, you can use one of the three available methods.
- Using the wizard to create a database. It provides the ability to select one of the available templates, which can be further customized as desired. Additionally, a list of tables, forms, queries, reports, etc. is generated. It should be noted that the tables created are empty, in other words, there is no data in them. The presented methodology is tried on in those situations where the built-in standard templates fully satisfy all the needs of the user.
- Find a suitable template on the official Office Online website.Its loading is considered to be the fastest and simplest method of database formation. The template has the extension .mdb and includes queries, tables, reports and forms.
- Create an empty database. This method is recommended to use in the situation when there is a need to form a base for your own project. Today it is quite a flexible way. However, it provides for a separate definition of any element of the database.
Creating an empty database in Access
- On the File tab, select New, and then New Database.
- Specify the name of the file.
- If you want to save the file in a different folder that is different from the one that is used by default, then click "Search for a place to place the database."
- Click Create. If you did everything correctly, the program will form an empty database with an empty table.
- To add the necessary information, start to enter it yourself or simply copy from another source.
It should be noted that entering information into a table resembles working with an Excel document. When filling in, keep in mind that closing a table without saving will result in its deletion (even if certain information is entered into it).
Creating a database with MySQL
A �Denwer� program is considered to be a fairly simple and effective tool that provides the ability to form a database with MySQL. Additionally, it provides the ability to test php code. Install it easy. Just visit the official website, download the utility, and run the installation wizard.
Immediately after completing the installation of �Denwer�, you can start working with the MySQL administration page.
- Open the database administration page in MySQL. To do this, you need to write the following in the browser search box: localhost / tools / phpmyadmin /.
- In the opened window in the left column we look through all available databases.
- To create a database, click on the tab "Databases" and select the item "Create a database."
- Specify the name of the database being formed.
- Save the changes and click the "Create" button.
Thus, the new database will be immediately added to the list of available (they are located in the panel on the left in the center). To start editing, configuring and other manipulations, just open this list and click on its name.
In the future, for the new database will need to create a user. Make it easy.First, you need to click on the name of your database at the top and select the �Privileges� item that appears. Secondly, click "Add user". After a moment, the user will see a page with fields that must be carefully filled in (host, username, password, as well as confirmation). Please note that it is recommended to choose a local host as the host.
To complete the user creation procedure, click the appropriate button. If everything is done correctly, you can see the message that the new user has been added. In addition, the program will indicate what rights (editing, deleting the database) it has.