How to Lose 15 Pounds in 2 Weeks
The best way to lose weight and keep it off is by adopting a healthy and sustainable lifestyle that you can maintain over time. When you crash diet and lose weight quickly, chances are that you are mostly losing water weight, and any real weight you do lose will likely come back (and with a vengeance) once you start eating normally again. Unfortunately, though, many of us put off our weight-loss goals until we are pressed for time before an upcoming event, whether it be a wedding, trip to the Bahamas, or a high school reunion, and then scramble desperately for last-minute ways to slim down. Whatever your reason is for crash dieting, this article will show you what you will need to do to drop pounds as quickly as possible.
Disclaimer: This article is meant to be purely informative, and in no way promotes unhealthy crash dieting. For advice on how to lose weight the healthy way, check out How to Lose Weight.
Dropping Pounds Fast
Aim to eat about 1,000 calories per day.While you certainly wouldn't want to eat this little on a regular basis, most people, regardless of their body type or current weight, will lose weight quickly when eating between 1,000 and 1,200 calories.
- You will probably feel low on energy when eating this little, so try to plan your life accordingly and avoid vigorous physical activity.
Know the calorie content of the foods you eat.With such a strict calorie restriction, it's important that you write down what you eat and plan out your day accordingly so that you don't "use up" all of your calories at once.
- Get in the habit of reading all food labels, measuring out your portions, and keeping track of the calories in salad dressings, cooking sauces, oil, and beverages.
Eliminate sugar and most carbohydrates.Foods like bread, rice, pasta, cookies, and ice cream are packed with calories, don't fill you up, and provide little in the way of nutrition. Your diet should consist primarily of vegetables, lean protein, and fiber-rich fruits like apples.
Get some low-impact physical exercise.Intense aerobic exercise can help you lose weight more quickly in the long run, but in the span of two weeks, exercise will have little impact on how quickly you lose weight. Your best bet is to conserve your energy and stick with walking, biking, swimming, and light jogging to help burn extra calories without wearing you out.
- A one hour walk burns between 200 and 300 calories.The calories you burn with exercise will depend on your current weight.
- It's always good to exercise, but you should focus most of your efforts on eating right as that will play the biggest role in your weight loss.
Cook your own meals.If your goal is to eat around 1,000 calories a day, then virtually anything you order at a restaurant will come close to reaching, or potentially exceeding, that calorie limitation. Your best bet is to prepare your meals at home so that you can control the ingredients as well as the portion sizes of your meals.
- Switch to cooking spray rather than olive oil, vegetable oil, or butter. While olive oil is a healthy fat, it contains about 120 calories per tablespoon, which you really can't afford on a 1,000 calorie per day diet.
- Pack your lunch in the morning before work or school. Be sure to include healthy snacks to munch on when you get hungry, like celery and carrots.
Suppressing Your Appetite
Drink lots of water--and only water.Water helps fill you up in between meals, and is a good way to keep your mood and energy levels up when dieting. Carry a water bottle around with you at all times, and sip on it throughout the day.
- Don't waste what little calories you have on soda, fruit juice, and alcohol. Eliminate these unhealthy drinks from your diet, at least for the next two weeks.
- If you are used to drinking soda, switch to diet soda or sparkling water, both of which have zero calories.
Drink black coffee or unsweetened green tea.These drinks have zero calories and the caffeine they contain will help curb your appetite.
- If you have issues with nighttime snacking, make yourself a cup of decaffeinated coffee or tea to help curb your cravings.
Chew on gum.The act of chewing gum will trick your body into thinking that it is eating something, and you will be less likely to snack if you already have something in your mouth.
Brush and floss your teeth in between meals.Not only will this improve your tooth and gum health, you will feel less inclined to snack out of boredom when your mouth feels clean and fresh.
Indulge in pleasurable activities other than eating.The most effective way to diet is to keep yourself distracted and busy so that you aren't constantly thinking about food (or the lack thereof). Make plans with friends, focus on your hobbies, take a hot bath, watch your favorite movie or television show, read a book, go swimming, etc.
QuestionWill this diet help me lose 30 pounds?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThis diet is focused on short-term results, but it can definitely be used to kick-start a longer-term weight loss plan.Thanks!
QuestionWill this work on a teenager who is average in weight?Soma RaghavendraCommunity AnswerYes, but you must follow the diet.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is the best method for a teenager to lose the weight in two weeks?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerStop drinking colas altogether and increase your water intake to 8-10 glasses per day. Cut out all sugars (except naturally-occurring ones in fruit) and focus your diet on lean protein and vegetables. Work out 30 minutes in the morning before breakfast, and again for one hour after supper.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is a safe diet for a 15 year old?Holistic_HealthCommunity AnswerGrains, vegetables, fruit, protein (eggs, fish, chicken), and no sweets, junk food, or soft drinks.Thanks!
QuestionIf I just eat a little healthier and bike for exercise, how long will it take to see results? Would adding cucumbers and lemons to my water be helpful?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you lose the weight correctly, it should still take about two weeks. Eating healthy and exercising play the biggest roles in weight loss, so eat as healthy as you can and bike daily if possible. The cucumbers and lemons are a nice flavorful and healthful touch, but not as important.Thanks!
QuestionWill this diet method work for a 14-year-old who weighs 106 pounds?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerA 14-year-old who weighs 106 pounds is probably already at a healthy weight (assuming he/she is of average height) and you should not use this method of weight loss for someone of his age. Just focus on maintaining or adopting healthful eating habits.Thanks!
QuestionWill this work for a 13 year old who weighs 163 pounds?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYour body is still growing and you should not try this. Your body is in a vulnerable state and crash dieting is dangerous at this point. Instead, use conventional dieting as advised by your doctor.Thanks!
QuestionWill this work for an 11-year-old that weighs 121 pounds?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou're too young for drastic weight loss measures, you don't want to stunt your growth. The best thing you can do is try to maintain a healthy diet without a lot of junk food, and stay active by playing sports, riding your bike, swimming, etc.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is a good weekly meal plan for this diet: 1000 calories over breakfast, lunch and dinner?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThis isn't the best format for listing out a week's worth of meals, but you can search 1000 calorie meal plans online. You'll get plenty of hits.Thanks!
QuestionWould a 13 year old who weights 147 lbs benefit from losing 15 pounds?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends entirely on the individual. Height and natural build will play a huge part in whether this is deemed to be within 'healthy' ranges.Thanks!
I'm 16 years old, 5 foot 8, and weigh 170 pounds. My goal is to lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks, will this help me?
Will this work for a young teen?
What's the best workouts for abs for losing weight?
Are there any more tips to losing the weight in two weeks?
I have a healthy diet and do exercise and cardio for 1 hour every day, but it has been more than a month and I still have not lost any weight. What could be wrong?
To lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks, try to eliminate sugar and carbohydrates, like bread and pasta, from your diet as much as you can. Instead, eat lots of lean proteins, like chicken or fish, and vegetables. Also, drink a lot of water to fill you up and improve your mood and energy levels. In addition to changing your diet, do low-impact exercise, such as walking or swimming, to burn extra calories without wearing you out.
- The more you weigh, the easier it is to lose weight quickly because your body has more extra fat to spare. If you are already at a healthy weight, then losing 15 pounds in 2 weeks might be impossible without seriously harming your health.
- Losing weight quickly through crash dieting usually means losing mostly water weight. If you want to lose real weight and keep it off, it's better to do it gradually by adopting a healthy, sustainable diet that you can maintain.
- It may be tempting to eat as little as possible in order to lose weight quickly, but eating too little can seriously damage your body. Never eat less than 1,000 calories for more than 3 days in a row.
- Be careful! If you feel dizzy, sweaty, disoriented, or nauseated, STOP. Have something to eat, like a fruit juice and some crackers. If you don't feel better within an hour, seek medical attention. You want to lose weight fast, not permanently injure yourself.
- This kind of dramatic, fast weight loss is often not sustainable. If you are looking for long term weight loss, it is better to eat a normal amount (1800-2300 calories a day) of healthy food and begin a regular exercise routine.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Italiano: , Deutsch: , Português: , Español: , Русский: , Français: , 中文: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , Čeština: , العربية: , हिन्दी: , Tiếng Việt:
Video: How to Flatten Your Belly in 10 Days
Can Math Predict CelebrityDivorce
How to Lift Heavier Weights
Orange-Cinnamon Monkey Bread
Mrs. TS Pierogies Prize Package Giveaway
8 Things We Learnt From Magic Mike XXL
23 Important Questions That Spring To Everyone’s Mind When Watching Jennifer Aniston’s New Advert
She keeps a strict diet but indulges every so often
Can Diet Affect Thyroid Function
Future NFL head coaches will likely be more like Theo Epstein of the Chicago Cubs. Yale University Power over teams on and off field has shifted to the front office
Passenger Writes Emotional Thank You Letter To Pilots After Landing Safely
George Michael car accident – latest update
Casual Sex Is a Lot More Common (and Satisfying) Than You MightThink
Top 75 Best Questions To Ask A Girl You Like – Deep Conversation Starters