How to insulate a balcony?
Watch the video
It often happens that there is not enough space in the apartment, and you have to use a balcony. But to turn it into a warehouse of unnecessary things and a cellar for storing vegetables and fruits is not the best idea. With a skillful approach, together with a great desire and patience, the balcony can be turned into an extra room that can become a place for tea drinking, a gym or even a study. But of course, without a good arrangement of the balcony is not enough. The main question in this matter is how to warm the balcony? You can contact the experts, pay a lot of money, but at the same time get a well-equipped area. And you can try to do it yourself. How to insulate the balcony with your own hands? Now we will tell about it in detail.
- Remember - fast and good does not happen. Many people simply close up the cracks and install a heated floor and double-glazed windows. As a result, the balcony is still not comfortable enough, and the heat goes outside. To avoid this, we must act differently.
- It is better to warm the balcony in the following order: first - the windows, then - the floor, walls, the ceiling and the facade.
- With good work on the arrangement of the balcony, it will take you about 7 days or more.
- You can calculate in advance the amount of money you have to spend. It is, of course, not cheap, but worth it. For example, for arranging a balcony with an area of 3 square meters, the materials will take about 8 thousand rubles, and for the installation of a radiator and laying of electricity - within 10 thousand rubles.
- Start by replacing windows. For balconies more often use plastic windows, PVC windows. Now you can find a variety of profile systems that help keep the heat in the house. For example, this is WDS 505/70 mm. By installing it, you can greatly reduce energy loss, and the climate on the balcony will be no worse than in a room. Feature - mounting depth profile 70 mm. It provides a high level of thermal insulation. Overflow width - 17 mm, this provides good protection against wind. The canopy between the sash and the frame prevents the ingress of water or dirt.
- You can dismantle the balcony door and window, thereby increasing the living space of the room.
- The next stage is work on the floor.How to insulate the floor on the balcony? To begin, all the holes and cracks need to fill with foam and wait until it dries. After this, apply a lubricating waterproofing on the slab and the lower part of the walls (for example, it can be Ceresit CR65). If the floor is uneven, it must be leveled. To do this, use self-leveling cement-sand mixture. If you want to raise the floor slightly, you can lay a layer of expanded clay (5 cm) on top. Next, the plates are laid on the floor (these can be URSA XPS plates). The joints of the walls and insulation must be glued with a vapor barrier tape. This will help prevent mold and mildew. And finally, we lay polymer concrete (4 cm. - thickness) and reinforced wire mesh.
- Next, we warm the ceiling and walls. The modern market offers a variety of materials for insulation, but among them are the most suitable, favorable in price and quality. This penofol, foam and penofleks.
Penofol is a good insulation, since it does not absorb heat, but reflects it into the room. In addition, it is a wonderful steam and hydro and sound insulator. It is also an environmentally friendly material that protects the room from harmful radiation (from electromagnetic and some radioactive).
Polyfoam is very light, for 98% it consists of air.Used in the decoration of walls, floors and ceilings for over 50 years. It has a good damping property. Its advantages: low cost and ease of processing.
Penoplex is an orange heat insulation material. It is most effective in the insulation of enclosing structures. Durable material and durable heat, hydro and steam insulator. Penopleks are resistant to burning and rotting. It is good for use in Russian weather conditions, as it retains its properties during multi-roll freezing and thawing.
All three materials are also great for flooring. It is not recommended to use mineral wool, as it has high vapor permeability. One of the most popular and profitable materials for processing the ceiling and walls on the balcony is URSA XPS expanded polystyrene.
We work as follows: on the surface of the walls and the ceiling we glue the plates of the chosen heater, we make the facing of moisture resistant gypsum board over the plates. If you want to save space on the balcony, then the plates must be glued with cold bitumen mastic, which must be evenly distributed over the surface. Also walls can be upholstered in clapboard.When insulating the ceiling instead of drywall, you can use a suspended ceiling. This will allow you to hide the wiring to illuminate the updated balcony.
At last, the finishing is completed, a radiator is installed, the balcony space is equipped depending on the purpose of its use. High-quality work requires time, effort and money. This scares many people, but if you still decide to rework the balcony, you will get a great result in the end! And if you connect the imagination and a little creativity, you get a cozy place that will be pleasant to please the eye.
Now you know how to insulate a balcony, and you can put your knowledge into practice.