How to heat a bath?
Before you go through the whole cycle of bath procedures - steam with a broom, make each other a pleasant massage, put a mask on your face, you need to know how to heat the bath to heat the steam room to the desired temperature. This heater for most baths is a stove-heater, which is melted by dry wood. With all the existing variety of furnaces, they are drowned about equally.
If you know how to do this, you can avoid many unpleasant consequences - heat stroke, carbon monoxide poisoning, and finally, the fire itself. Let's take a look at the main points, following which you can properly and safely melt the sauna stove. So, how to stoke a bath.
- It is necessary to first open the blower and furnace doors, the valve in the chimney. If there are two smoke gate valves in your furnace, then the one through which the flame and smoke go directly into the pipe, but not into the heating channel of the water boiler, opens.
- We harvest dry wood chips, kindling paper and some dry logs (4-5 pieces).
- Two logs unfold on the grate of the furnace, the distance between which should be about 10 cm. Between the logs there are several sheets of crumpled paper, on top of which chips are piled. After that, the resulting "fuse" is fixed on top of two or three logs, putting them obliquely. This structure should be made sufficiently strong so as not to destroy it with careless movements.
- After igniting the paper, it is necessary to quickly close the fire box, as smoke can enter the room. If the wood is dry and you did everything correctly, the stove will burn quickly. It is strictly forbidden to heat the heater with flammable liquids (gasoline, kerosene). If the firewood is damp and does not burn well, then you can use dry alcohol tablets for kindling.
- In 15-20 minutes after the stove has flared up, throw some more logs into it. During the first hour it is necessary to put new logs in the firebox, not waiting for the time when the old ones will burn out.
- After 1.5-2 hours, firewood can be thrown up even when there are only coals left in the furnace, since the temperature in it will be at a sufficient level.To warm up the steam room, as a rule, it takes 2.5-3 hours in the summer, and not less than 4 hours in the winter.
End of the firebox
- Make sure that the wood is burned out - coals of a reddish hue with a touch of gray ash, there are no blue flames.
- Open the door and windows in the steam room.
- Pour boiling water over the stove, floor, ceiling, benches and walls to wash off the soot.
Than to heat a bath
Best for the bath are suitable birch lime and birch firewood. Try to choose the wood of young trees, as from her the most intense heat and the best flavor. When burning rotten and old wood, the air in the bath will be heavy and with less oxygen. High-quality wood, upon impact, makes a long and loud sound.