How to get rid of traces of scotch on the surface?
Scotch is a convenient and necessary thing in the household, which has firmly taken root in our houses and apartments, in some moments you just can't do without it! Moreover, with its help you can quickly and firmly fasten almost any possible objects and things - from ordinary paper to furniture, glass, plastic and even cloth.
The only drawback is that after such use, traces remain on almost any surface, because particles of dust, wool or other debris almost instantly stick to the sticky adhesive tape. As a result - unpresentable and even, to some extent, spoiled appearance, but still do not rush to despair.
Many housewives have long been brewing the question of how to remove traces of adhesive tape from any surface, especially if they are already stale and numerous? Despair in advance is not worth it, although it will, of course, have to work a little.
Below we will offer several effective methods,but still it is very important to understand from which surface you remove them, because what is suitable for some materials may completely spoil others. Be attentive!
We remove traces from plastic
Often sticky traces remain on plastic windows or even home furniture made of plastic, and leaving them as home decor - do not want to do what?
- One of the most effective methods that allows to get rid of pollution is the use of a solvent, especially “White spirit” is often used. This is quite a soft and inexpensive tool that always quickly and effectively cleans surfaces polluted in various ways, and traces of adhesive tape are no exception. Just apply a little on a cotton swab and rub the stains. Perhaps the only disadvantage of this method is the pronounced unpleasant smell of the solvent.
- Instead, by the way, you can use refined gasoline, which refuel lighters - as effectively removes sticky traces and does not have such a sharp smell.
- Another interesting way is the use of vegetable oil.Here you will need to work a little more than in the above methods, but everything is natural and harmless. To do this, apply the vegetable oil to the contaminated areas with a cotton swab, after which you will need to wait 5 minutes. When the spots disappear, make a soapy solution and remove all greasy traces.
- The next effective way is to use a regular eraser. We'll have to work hard, but there are some pluses here - for example, the absence of sharp odors or greasy traces, as in previous methods. Using it is simple - like a pencil from a sheet of paper, you will need to erase sticky marks.
We clean the polished and varnished furniture
- In principle, the methods described above are suitable with solvent, purified gasoline and vegetable oil, however, it should be used a little differently. When the oil cope with all sticky components, you will need to arm yourself with a dry, soft cloth and dry the surface. If it is impossible to get rid of it the first time, then repeat the procedure several more times. Probably, it is clear that this method cannot be used for clothing, upholstered furniture and other similar surfaces.
- The usual soap solution can also help - simply soak a cloth in it and thoroughly rub the traces of glue.
Clean glass and mirror surfaces
- Not bad helps a usual liquid agent for washing windows - just apply it more on a cloth and thoroughly wipe the glass. In principle, you can use nail polish remover without acetone or the same solvent.