How to flash a Samsung printer?
Watch the video
After the cartridge is empty and the further printing of documents is impossible, many owners of printers think about the firmware. Let's look at how to flash a printer using the example of the Samsung brand. Following the instructions is fairly easy to do.
Serial printer firmware
- First you need to select and download the necessary firmware for your printer model (firmware for some models can be downloaded).
- Next, you need to unzip the firmware and bring the printer into working condition (turn it on and connect it to the computer).
- The next step is to copy the file with the .hd extension to usblist2.exe. After that, the device firmware will start. This procedure can take up to 5–10 minutes.
- After rebooting, turn off the printer and get the cartridge, which is sealed with a chip.
- To determine the success of the firmware, it is necessary to replace the cartridge, turn on the printer and print a report on the work done.If the report contains the letters F or P, then the firmware is correct.