How to dry properly?
Getting to the drying of the body for the first time, it is very important to understand the essence of the process. What is drying? This is the process of burning fat without losing muscle mass. His goal is to achieve muscle relief. Drying can be carried out only with a sufficient level of muscle mass.
Muscle building occurs only with a simultaneous increase in fat, usually in a 50/50 ratio. If weight training and nutrition are built incorrectly, an increase in fat and muscle mass in a ratio of 75/25 is possible.
It is impossible to grow thin and simultaneously increase muscles, unless using steroids, which is harmful to health.
The Basics of Effective Body Drying
- Dietary high-protein nutrition.
- Training (a combination of power and aerobic exercise).
- Reception of supporting vitamin-mineral complexes, preparations (for professional athletes) and water.
Body drying for girls is based on the same principles as for men. The differences are individual in nature and mainly affect the duration and intensity of the stages.
Women do not want to dry longer than 6-7 weeks,as the menstrual cycle directly depends on the percentage of body fat. Sitting on a diet low in fat is not worth it for the same reason.
Preparing the muscles for drying involves consulting a doctor (if you had health problems) and calculating calories. For men, a pound of weight needs 3 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat and 2 grams of carbohydrates. For women - 2 grams of protein and 1 gram of fat and carbohydrates.
Contraindications to drying
- Accelerated metabolism (diet will accelerate it even more, which is fraught with health problems);
- Renal failure, diseases of the liver, pancreas, gastrointestinal tract;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Food during the drying period
To dry properly, girls and men need to follow the following rules of nutrition:
- Reducing caloric content by 500-1000 Kcal due to a decrease in the amount of carbohydrates and saturated fats, an increase in the protein mass in the diet. This means that pork, veal, sweets, flour products - in the past.
- Fractional meals (5-6 times a day), mandatory breakfast.
- Refusal of fried food, canned food, convenience foods, alcohol, mayonnaise, ketchup and sauces.
- The use of 2.5-3 liters of water per day.
What foods need to be consumed if a decision is made to dry?
- Buckwheat and oatmeal;
- Wild brown rice;
- Lean white fish;
- Chicken breast;
- Squid fillet;
- Egg whites;
- Vegetables containing a minimum of carbohydrates - zucchini, cabbage, cucumbers, various greens;
- Fat-free dairy products;
- Beans, soybeans, lentils;
- Unsweetened fruit.
It should be remembered that the food must be boiled or steamed, without dosalivaya, as the salt retains water in the body.
The process of reducing the amount of carbohydrates in food looks like this:
- At the 1-2 week you need to remove the sweet and flour from the diet, replacing them with fruits and cereals;
- 2nd week - reducing portions of cereals and the number of fruits;
- 3rd week - rejection of fruit, cereal can only be eaten before lunch;
- 4th week - the use of minimal amounts of carbohydrates.
Important! You should not completely abandon carbohydrates in the diet, since this can lead to the accumulation of ketone bodies in the body, which would entail serious consequences, even coma.
It is quite natural that in connection with the restriction of caloric intake during drying, a person will feel hunger, and this can provoke a breakdown. You can protect yourself by following some tips:
- Drink warm green tea or water - they relieve "hungry cramps";
- To walk more often - such walks reduce appetite;
- Use small vegetables for a snack;
- Before the main meal, eat a little seaweed or radish - this contributes to the rapid saturation, and at the same time, food is digested longer;
- Take protein shakes and vitamin-mineral complexes.
Power and aerobic exercise
The result of proper drying for men and women is the burning of fat and muscle relief not to the detriment of healthy well-being. Equally necessary aerobic and power loads.
- Aerobic exercise includes half an hour jogging, cycling, brisk walking within 30-40 minutes, swimming. Excessive exercise will result in loss of muscle mass.
- Strength training (no longer than 45 minutes) should include basic exercises, that is, those that involve several groups of muscles - bench press, squatting with a barbell. Ideal - work with less weight, but with a large number of approaches, as well as performing various exercises with a net weight of 20-30 repetitions.
To dry properly, strength training is recommended to combine with pampingovym. The essence of the latter is to perform multiple strength exercises with a relatively low weight and short respite. As a result, muscles are intensively enriched with blood, which contributes to their growth. Physiologically, this process is felt as a muscular "bursting".
Pamping exercises include a group of high-intensity techniques (negatives, burning and forced repetitions), drop-sets and supersets, partial repetitions, peak contractions and pre-exhaustion.
- Negatives - a method in which an athlete with a partner lifts weight, and lowers it himself.
- Burning - quick and short exercise in the phase of fatigue to a burning sensation in the muscles.
- Forced repetition combines the advantages of the two previous methods.
- Drop sets - the execution of the set "to the limit", followed by a decrease in weight by 25%.
- Supersets - the combination of two different exercises on the same muscle group without rest.
- Partial repetitions - performing exercises with an amplitude of 2 or 4 times less than normal.
- Peak contractions - retention of the limiting tension of the working muscle.
- Pre-exhaustion - performing an isolation exercise with a quick transition to the base.
The sequence of training for drying muscles should be this: first, the aerobic part, and after - the power. They can also be divided: three times a week - strength training, twice - aerobic.
The golden rule of drying: do not abuse diets, do not overload the body with exercises, have a good rest, protect yourself from stress. A balanced approach is a healthy beautiful body.