How To Do Hair Straightening at Home?
Once upon a time, I had this unruly thick, frizzy, mid-length hair. I’m talking the kind of hair that made me cry every day, the one which took hours to style, in short, a total nightmare.
And then one fine day, I decided to go for a makeover and got a sleek, easy-to-manage hair I always wanted. But what followed after that was limp, dry and damaged strands that I hated. My hair became my enemy, and I quickly realized that going natural with hair was the only way to bring my hair to life again. While it took some time and effort and I got back my healthy hair.
So, if you want Straight hair but do not want to ravage your locks with harsh chemicals, just follow these tips that I followed and get fabulous sleek tresses with ease!
How To Straighten Hair Naturally:
These methods will not give you a miraculous change but will definitely make your hair 100% smoother and straighter.
Banana and Papaya mask:
Take few bananas and mash it together with a papaya. Now add a spoonful of honey to it and apply it on your hair. Keep the mixture on your hair until it’s completely dry. Once done, wash your hair and then blow dry in a downward motion.
Coconut Cream and Lemon Mask:
This works wonders for my hair. Just whip some coconut cream with lemon juice and apply to your hair. Use a natural shampoo and thoroughly cleanse your hair to remove the mixture. After wash, your hair will look much straighter.
Straight Irons Galore:
Here are some tips on how to straighten hair at home with a straight iron!
- Buy a flat iron for your hair length and make sure it is of the ceramic kind – it will burn your hands otherwise. I loveChi Ultra Chi 1 Inch Ceramic Flat Ironwhich smooths my hair and the plates are designed to increase shine as well. A winner!
- Get yourself a souped-up blow-dryer. This will help you reduce frizz by compressing the cuticle. My favourite isConair Comfort Touch Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Blow Dryer.
- Use a nourishing conditioner that will leave your hair incredibly soft. I suggestOrganix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner.Make sure your leave it on for at least two minutes.
- Always use a heat protector spray before blow-drying or styling with a flatiron or curling iron that will further shield your strands from the brunt of the heat–Sunsilk Keratinology sprayis easily available in the market.
- Apply a dime-size amount ofBumble and bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Primerall over your head before flat ironing!
- Start from the back and section your hair, the more sections you make, the easier you will find it to straighten.
- Do not overheat the plates, pick the temperature wisely.
- Once done, use a serum to keep the frizz away.
Permanent Hair Straightening:
Permanent straightening is a difficult and delicate process to do at home; a person who is confident and determined enough can manage though.
- Permanent straightening works chemically, the product breaks the bonds between the keratin molecules
- Choose an appropriate home kit and follow the instructions well
- If the frizzy texture still exists, then further styling is necessary
- If you use other chemicals on your hair, like hair colour, be very careful. Do a strand test and be safe when using chemicals
So, here were our top recommendations to achieve straight hair at home. Let us know if you’ll be incorporating any of these products or remedies into your regimen on our comments box below.
Video: How to Straighten Your Hair with a Hair Straightener || using flat iron
15 Sets of Outstanding Eyebrows toEnvy
How to Overcome an Addiction to Porn As a Teenager
10 Things Your Doctor Won’t Tell You About an MRI
The 20 Best Employee Benefits And Perks Of 2019
Acne Treatment Skin Care Tips for Men
Metti a dieta la tua BFF, nutrirti nel modo giusto fa bene alla tua salute intima
Here’s What Those Buttons on Your Instant Pot Actually Mean
How to Reduce Job Related Heart Disease Risks
Beautifully inspiring breastfeeding tattoos
USA Today responds to Trump op-ed criticism
Leonardo DiCaprio’s charity gala just raised 45 million
30 Simple And Easy Rangoli Designs To Try In 2019
How to Prepare for a Stress Free Christmas Day (for Parents)
10 Stylish Looks from Olivia Culpo