How to create a server in Rust (Rust)?
Rust server is necessary in order to play together with friends, as well as try out different mods or just watch the game. In Rust there is no single player concept, and therefore both server data and client side will be required.
How to create a game server in RAST? To create a server, you can use two different options - official and unofficial.
Unofficial version of the server
When using this method, you host a server like NoSteam on a hosting or on your computer.
First, you will need the server itself, which uses the stim emulator to run the game. The most commonly used is the outdated version, which is enough to download along with the client part and place it either on the hosting or on your own computer. On this server Rast during the game, you can use all console commands.
- Download the selected server version.
- Start the server side using Server.bat.
- Select the necessary fashion for the game (optionalyou can not install anything at all) and plugins for use on the server.
- Jail 1.5 RUS plugin to send naughty to prison.
- AdminDoor 2.1 RUS plugin for opening any doors.
- Test the server for errors and failures, and if they are detected, test its functionality. A common problem is the inability for friends to connect to the game. This situation occurs most often due to the fact that the ports required for the game are closed.
- Install anti-cheat. At least basic anti-cheat should be installed for your server. Its installation is very simple and consists in simply copying the folder called easyanticheat to the directory where the game is installed.
Using the official server
There are not many projects that are ready to provide quality hosting for the game Rust. It should be understood that all of them are quite expensive. Depending on the server and the proposed options, the cost of hosting can be from 800 to 1500 rubles of the Russian Federation.
Next, you will need to purchase the official game through Steam. It is cheaper than the server - about 400 rubles of the Russian Federation. The pitfall in this case is that not all teams are available to players on such a server.The game client on Steam is updated quite often, and therefore mods may either not work at all, or work with errors - you will have to play without them.