How to cook pasta?
If you wondered how to cook pasta in Italian, you came to the right place. Consider two recipes for cooking spaghetti pasta.
Pasta carbonara is called spaghetti, dressed with thin, crispy pieces of fried bacon, which are poured on top of cheese and egg sauce.
Most cookbooks contain almost the same recipe for cooking carbonara paste, with the exception of small details. And although these details are insignificant at first glance, they are the main indicator of taste. It is considered that the secret is in the ratio of ingredients of the sauce - cheese and eggs.
Eggs are the basis for a juicy and literally silky sauce, which is necessary to know how to make a carbonara paste. That is why it is very important not to be mistaken with their number. To make the sauce hot, add garlic.
As for cheese, you can of course use parmesan. Italians eat this cheese in huge quantities and add it to almost all dishes.Soft and tender, like the name itself, the taste of Parmesan cheese gives spice even in dessert. But ideally, in order to know how to cook pasta for spaghetti, you need to use pecorino romano cheese. It is with this cheese that Carbonara is made in Rome. If such cheese for you is too sharp in taste, dilute it with parmesan, in the ratio of a quarter cup of pecorino to three quarters of parmesan.
Regarding the choice of bacon is simple. In Italy, use salted pig cheek. It does not matter, although the Italians, of course, may not agree with this position. In order to know how to cook pasta in Italian, you must understand that all the ingredients play a huge role. Therefore, take the bacon that you can get, but the highest quality.
Pasta Carbonara: a classic recipe
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 500 grams of spaghetti (it is better to cook them yourself, of course, but you can use dry spaghetti from a pack), in any case, take high-quality ones - so as not to boil down;
- 8 slices of bacon (you can use smoked bacon, but mostly natural smoked);
- 3 eggs;
- 100 grams of parmesan;
- 1 large clove of garlic;
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 3 tablespoons of thick cream (as an alternative, you can use sour cream);
- salt, ground pepper.
- Preheat pan with olive oil. Cut the bacon strips into square pieces. Roast it for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, stirring several times.
- Pour 5 liters of water into a saucepan, bring to a boil and add salt. Put the spaghetti in it, and bring it to readiness.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and brown the finely chopped garlic in this fat.
- Mix eggs with cream, and beat well. Add salt, pepper (it is recommended to pour more pepper) and 50 grams of parmesan grated on a fine grater. Bring to a state of homogeneous mass.
- Put the ready-made spaghetti into the frying pan with garlic and mix quickly. Remove the pan from the stove, add the prepared sauce and stir until the eggs are curled. Add bacon and pepper. Arrange on plates (ideally, the plates should be preheated slightly). When put the pasta on plates, sprinkle with grated cheese on top and you can decorate with greens, cherry tomatoes or olive.
Tomato paste "Alla Amatrichana"
Now we will learn how to cook tomato paste, under the exquisite name “Alla Amatrichana”.
In the original version, looking for how to cook pasta for spaghetti, I discovered the fact that in the exquisite recipe of Alla Amatrichana, tomatoes were not used, they were added to the recipe later. But now we will look at the modern way how to make tomato paste. Preparing this dish is also very fast.
So, consider the recipe for cooking pasta for “spaghetti Alla Amatricana”, designed for four people.
- 500 grams of Italian spaghetti;
- 100 grams of ham;
- 350 grams of peeled tomato or tomato puree;
- 100 grams of parmesan;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 1 hot red pepper;
- 1 glass of white, dry wine;
- salt pepper.
- As in the first recipe, when we disassembled how to cook carbonara paste, first heat the pan with olive oil. Pour in diced ham and finely chopped red pepper. Be careful because pasta can be very spicy in the end. If you are not a fan of spicy dishes, or you have a child in your family, take less pepper, say half.
- When the ham is reddened, pour a glass of wine into the pan. Do not cover with a lid. Give the wine to evaporate.
- Boil the water in a saucepan, add salt and boil the spaghetti.
- Put a mixture of ham and pepper on a plate. In the remaining fat in the pan, put stewed tomatoes (or mashed potatoes). Stew until smooth, then pepper.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, put them in a pan with tomatoes and mix. Then add the ham. Stir again. Turn off the heat and spread the finished pasta on the plates while it is hot. Sprinkle grated parmesan every portion well.