How to cook green soup?
Watch the video
Borsch is a traditional dish of Ukrainian and Russian cuisines. Green borscht - the one made from sorrel - is a universal dish for any season. Unlike traditional red borscht, if you don’t pre-fry and cook meat broth, you can still make green borscht. In this article we will talk about how to cook light green soup without meat.
The main mistake that can be made when cooking green borscht is laying a bay leaf. It is absolutely not suitable as a spice for this dish, so it is better to postpone it for another soup.
- 4 bunches of fresh sorrel. You can take a freeze. In this case, it should be defrosted at room temperature.
- 1 large carrot
- 4 small potatoes
- Bunch of green onions
- 4 chicken eggs
- Tomato Paste
- Sour cream
- Olive oil
- Put on fire 4 liters of water.
- While the water boils, wash the potatoes, peel them and cut into small pieces.
- Cut onion into half rings, peel and grate carrots;
- Prepare the sorrel: wash it and cut off the tails. Cut it into 1 centimeter strips.
- When the water boils, put the potatoes in it and zazharkoy.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and put onion. Fry it until golden brown. After it is ready, add carrots to it and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- After that, take tomato paste (1-2 tablespoons) and add to onions and carrots. Simmer another two or three minutes.
- Add frying and spices to the pan with the potatoes, stir.
- When the water boils, add sorrel.
- At this time, beat the eggs with a fork in a separate bowl. Some cook a thin omelet, then shred it and send it to the soup;
- Now, gently, without haste, with one hand pour the beaten eggs into the soup, with the other stir it.
- Rinse and finely chop the green onions and send it to the soup.
- Salt it.
- Leave the soup to boil for another three or four minutes and serve to the table, decorating with sour cream.
Some housewives add sour cream immediately after adding the last ingredient, and the last minutes cooked the soup with sour cream. So he turns out to be more satisfying.
Someone adds to the green borsch already boiled finely chopped eggs. If you cook in meat broth, it is best to choose from red meat - traditional pork or beef. If cooked in chicken broth, the soup can come out even easier. If you exclude a fry and add vegetables, stewed for a couple of minutes with a minimum amount of butter or completely fresh, you can get a diet and low-calorie soup.