How to cook flounder in the oven - 7 step by step recipes
You can cook the flounder in the oven in several ways: as a whole, in separate pieces. The base portion is also used as a base.
Flounder is a flat fish with a specific taste. Very popular in the preparation of a variety of dishes. This is not surprising, since the food is tender, contains a large number of nutrients and trace elements, including iodine.
There are a lot of options for home-made dressings for giving extra spice: based on sour cream, mayonnaise, white wine, soy sauce. Everything is limited only by affordable products and culinary imagination.
The calorie content of an oven-baked flounder cooked with a minimum amount of additional ingredients and without a dressing,is about 80-90 calories per 100 grams. The minimum amount of fat contributes to the creation of the most useful and dietary dishes.
Fresh vegetables (onions, tomatoes, peppers) have a positive effect on the decrease in total calorie content. For example, flounder baked with tomatoes, fresh greens under freshly squeezed lemon juice, contains less than 70 kcal / 100 g. Sour cream or other high-calorie refills increase the rate to 100-110 kilocalories per 100 grams.
- To flounder turned out juicy and tender, bake in a sleeve or foil.
- Before baking it is desirable to rub the fish with salt or spices, sprinkle with lemon juice. 10-20 minutes is enough for marinating.
- To neutralize the odor of iodine, place the fish in a deep plate of milk. Leave on for 40-60 minutes. Rinse under running water and dry.
- Flounder perfectly baked under a gentle sour cream sauce or with a selection of vegetables.
Flounder in the oven - a classic delicious recipe
- Flounder - 1.3 kg.
- Butter - 50 g.
- Lemon - 1 piece.
- Vegetable oil - 1 large spoon.
- Parsley, dill - a few branches.
- Salt, black ground pepper - to taste.
- I get the butter from the freezer and leave it in the kitchen to soften.
- Carefully my flounder. I take a carcass without a head.After washing, let the water drain, gently wipe with towels.
- I spread it on the kitchen board so that the yellow skin is on top. With a kitchen knife I make several cuts diagonally, as well as for frying in a pan.
- I delete the fins. Sprinkle with salt from all sides. Spread on a baking sheet, pre-watered with vegetable oil.
- Turn on the oven. I warm up to 220 degrees. I send to prepare.
- After 4-6 minutes, I take out and sprinkle with lemon juice (half of the fruit, not more). Tidy back for 18-20 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, wash and dry the greens. Gently shred sprigs of parsley and dill. I take 2 teaspoons of finely chopped greens for homemade sauce and put them in a separate dish. I add melted butter. I sprinkle pepper. Thoroughly mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- I get flounder. Spread on a large plate. I put cream sauce with finely chopped greens on top. I decorate with thin slices of lemon (the remaining half) and serve it on the table.
A great addition to the dish will be roasted golden potatoes. Bon Appetit!
Juicy and soft flounder in foil entirely
The main feature of the recipe is the use of white wine, which makes the fish very soft and juicy.
- Flounder - 1 piece.
- Rosemary - 1 sprig.
- Lemon - half of the fruit.
- White wine - 100 grams.
- White ground pepper, salt, black pepper - to taste.
- In the store I buy a carved flatfish. Carefully wash and dry.
- Roll in a mixture of two ground peppers (black and white), salt. I rub from the inside.
- I put it in a deep plate, I pour white wine. Leave for 40-50 minutes.
- Half a lemon I cut into thin slices. I put the circles inside the fish and on top. Add a sprig of rosemary.
- Carefully wrap it in food foil.
- I heat the oven to a temperature of 190 degrees. I cook 30-40 minutes. The exact time depends on the size and weight of the carcass.
How to bake flounder with potatoes
- Flounder - 1 medium size.
- Potatoes - 6 Stuff.
- Onions - 2 heads.
- Lemon - 1 piece.
- Greens (dill) - 1 bunch.
- Olive oil - 50 ml.
- Salt, ground black pepper - to taste.
- I pour olive oil into a separate bowl, pour salt and pepper, squeeze lemon.My little shreddy greens. I add as the last ingredient for homemade sauce dressing.
- Thoroughly washing my flounder, brush my intestines. I shift in a plate, I fill with sauce on the basis of olive oil. Leave to pickle for 35-45 minutes.
- While the fish "comes", I turn to cleaning and cutting onions. I cut into half rings.
- Peel the potatoes. I cut into thin circles.
- I roll out the foil. I grease a leaf with olive oil.
- The first layer is made from potato rings. Salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add your favorite spices.
- Then spread onion rings. Put flounder softer side top. From above I pour out the remaining liquid from the tank in which the fish lay.
- I pinch the foil. I put it in the oven, preheated to a temperature of 180 degrees.
- I prepare no more than 40 minutes, focusing on the size of the fish.
Flounder Fillet Recipe
- Fish fillet - 900 g.
- Onions - 2 heads.
- Carrots - 1 root vegetable.
- Tomatoes - 2 things.
- Cheese - 70 g.
- Sweet pepper - 1 thing.
- Parsley - 1 bunch.
- Salt, fish spices (mixture) - to taste.
- Vegetable oil - to lubricate the pan.
- Flounder loin slices washed under running water. Shifts in deep dishes.
- I cut lemon in half. From one part squeeze lemon juice right on the filet.
- I sprinkle salt on top, a special mixture of fish spices. Leave alone for at least half an hour.
- My carrot, brush and rub on a grater. I remove the husks and the peel, I cut onions into half rings. I rinse the tomatoes and pour boiling water to simplify the process of skinning. Cut into cubes of medium size.
- Wash the sweet pepper. Cut the stalk. Scrape the remaining seeds. I cut into thin strips.
- A slice of durum cheese is rubbed on a grater with a coarse fraction. I add to the dishes with cut vegetables. I mix.
- On a large baking sheet stele 2 sheets of parchment paper. From above I sprinkle with vegetable oil. I spread flounder. Top with a mixture of vegetables and cheese.
- The fish should be cooked in an oven preheated to 190 degrees. For baked flounder, tasty and juicy, 30 minutes is enough.
The dish is best served immediately after cooking in a hot condition.
Baking in the sleeve
- Flounder - 1 piece of medium size.
- Lemon - 1 piece.
- Bay leaf - 1 thing.
- Soy sauce - 30 ml.
- Garlic - 2 cloves.
- Carve fish carcass. I remove the fins, cut off the head. Gently pull out the insides.
- I shift in a separate dish. I water with soy sauce. Squeeze out lemon juice.
- I clean and finely-finely cut garlic, add to the fish. I leave it under home marinade for 20-25 minutes.
- I shift the flounder into the sleeve for baking. Thinly cut the remaining half of the lemon. Put to the fish. In the sleeve I make small holes to let the air out.
- Preheat the oven to 200-degree temperature. I remove the fish. The cooking time is 15-25 minutes (depends on the size of the carcass).
Serve the baked flounder hot, garnished with fresh lettuce or other sprigs of greens. On the side dish, boiled rice or mashed potatoes.
Cooking flounder in sour cream
- Fish fillet - 1 kg.
- Sour cream - 270 g
- Onions - 3 medium sized heads.
- Potatoes - 5 tubers.
- Vegetable oil - for baking.
- Hot chili pepper - 1/4 pod.
- Salt, a mixture of fish spices - to taste.
- Fish fillet washed under running water. Drain to remove excess fluid.
- I clean my onions and wash with boiling water to get rid of the bitter taste. I cut into half rings.I shift in a separate dish, add sour cream and mix.
- I take the form for baking, pour in vegetable oil. I put the fish. From above I put salt and a mixture of fish spices (to your taste and discretion).
- On top of the filet lay out the onion-sour cream mixture. Spread evenly over the surface of the fish.
- I heat the oven to 180 degrees. I send to prepare for 25-35 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, wash and clean the potatoes. I cut into pieces of medium size.
- I shift it into the cup, add the finely chopped pieces of chili pepper. Stir well.
- After 30 minutes, take out the form. Put potatoes on top mixed with hot peppers.
- I send back for 10-15 minutes.
Flounder with tomatoes and zucchini
- Fish fillet - 500 g
- Tomatoes - 6 Stuff.
- Zucchini - 1 piece.
- Onions - 2 pieces.
- Carrots - 2 things.
- Garlic - 4 slices.
- Olive oil - 50 ml.
- White wine - 100 ml.
- Breadcrumbs - 1 large spoon.
- Salt, black and red pepper, fresh greens - to taste.
- Gently clean the onions, carrots, zucchini. From pepper I take out a core and seeds.Then I cut and shift to a deep plate. Chop carrots into thin circles, squash with tomatoes, cut into quarters. I do not clean garlic.
- Pan grease with olive oil. Add black pepper and salt.
- I spread vegetables on a baking sheet (I put garlic unpeeled). Stir thoroughly so that the ingredients are mixed with olive oil. Pour white wine.
- I turn on the oven and heat it up to 200 degrees. I set the timer to 60 minutes or mark the time by the hour. From time to time I take out vegetables and mix. In 15-20 minutes I reduce the temperature to 170 degrees.
- After 15-20 minutes I take out the garlic from the oven. I'm waiting for it to cool. Then brush and grind in a blender. Add breadcrumbs, pour olive oil. Put a bunch of parsley and salt. Turn on the mixer and prepare a homogeneous mass.
- Flounder cut into small pieces. Add to vegetables. I bake 3-5 minutes at 180 degrees. Then I take out a baking sheet with roasted vegetables and lightly browned fish, spread the sauce. I’ll bake for another 5-7 minutes.
Flounder is a very tasty fish, which in the hands of a skilled housewife will be the basis of a culinary masterpiece, low-calorie and healthy dishes with a wonderful combination of additional ingredients and spices. Especially for baking, you can make a homemade dressing or branded sauce.
Try baking flounder at home on the basis of one of the proposed recipes or make your own way, based on culinary experience. Households will be incredibly excited by your efforts in the kitchen.