How to cook a tasty turkey?
Turkey dishes are great for family and holiday dinners. Cooking them is not so difficult, the main thing is to study the proven recipes in advance. They are presented to your attention below.
How to cook turkey with citrus sauce
Before you cook a tasty turkey for this recipe will need to stock up on the following ingredients:
- carcass - 1 pc. (weight about 5-6 kg);
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- orange - 4-5 pieces;
- butter - 50 g;
- ground cinnamon - 1 tsp;
- black pepper and salt - to taste.
The process of cooking turkey with citrus sauce consists of the following steps:
- Prepare the carcass. Remove the remaining feathers from it and scorch on the fire. Remove the giblets from the inside, and then rinse thoroughly in cold water. Dry the carcass dry with a paper towel and set aside for a while.
- Melt the butter in a small container, add the spices, the juice of half a lemon and an orange, and then mix everything thoroughly. Take the carcass and grease the resulting sauce inside and out. Cut the remaining half of lemon into 4 parts, and oranges into 6 parts each. Then stuff the turkey with citrus slices.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.Put the carcass on a baking sheet and bake for 2-3 hours (it all depends on the weight). Be sure during this time, water the bird juice, which will accumulate on the tray. When it is ready, leave it to cool for 20 minutes. Then serve to the table. Bon Appetit.
You can also use another recipe for cooking turkey in the oven, which is presented in this article: How to cook a turkey in the oven.
How to cook a turkey fillet tasty
To cook a turkey fillet is delicious, you need to make it with spices. This will require the following ingredients:
- fillet - 0.5 kg;
- milk - 1/3 cup;
- egg - 1 pc .;
- flour - 5 tbsp. spoons;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- breadcrumbs - 5 tbsp. spoons;
- soy sauce - 1.5 tbsp. spoons;
- oregano, ground pepper, dried dill and garlic - 1 tsp;
- nutmeg and turmeric - ½ tsp;
- salt - to taste.
Cooking a turkey with this recipe is as follows:
- Take the fillet, defrost it and cut into portions. Then repel them from two sides. Pepper poultry and cover with soy sauce.
- Take the breadcrumbs and mix them with the remaining spices, garlic and herbs.In a separate bowl, beat an egg with milk. You need to get a homogeneous consistency.
- Alternately reach each piece of fillet, roll it first in the flour, then dip it in the mixture with milk and egg, and then breaded in bread crumbs with herbs and spices. Then lay the turkey on a heated pan with oil. Fry the pieces on both sides. It is necessary that they have a golden crust. Then pull them out on a platter and serve with any side dish.