How to Connect to iTunes
Apple’s iTunes media management software allows you to sync media with multiple devices under a single user ID. You must take time to authorize computers, manually sync your devices and enable Home Sharing to take advantage of all the ways you can connect to iTunes.
Choosing Computers to Connect to iTunes
Decide which computer you want to use to manage your iTunes library.It should be a computer that has plenty of storage, has access to a strong Wi-Fi network and is available frequently for your use.
Create up t o 5 user accounts on this computer.The content that you download onto iTunes can be authorized to play on up to 5 different computers that have iTunes. This includes the following 2 situations:
- You can own 5 different computers, download iTunes and authorize your Apple ID to access your music library.
- You can set up 5 different user accounts on the computer. Although you will only download iTunes a single time, each user profile will count as a single authorized use of iTunes with the account, as if you had downloaded iTunes 5 different times to use with the account.
Manage the computers/authorized accounts regularly.You can authorize new computers and de-authorize other computers, depending upon your connection needs.
- Download iTunes on a new computer. Go to the iTunes Store. In the Store menu or Advanced menu choose the option to “Authorize this Computer.” Enter your Apple ID to connect it to your iTunes library.
- De-authorize a computer if you have reached the 5 accounts but want to replace one computer with another. Open iTunes on the computer that has been authorized. You will need Internet access to do so. Go to the iTunes Store. Click on the Store menu or Advanced menu. Choose “De-authorize this Computer” and enter your Apple ID. You will no longer have access to your library on this computer.
- If you no longer have access to computers that have been authorized in the past, you can deauthorize all computers and re-authorize them one by one. Go into iTunes on your main computer. Access the iTunes store. Sign in using the Account button and enter your Apple ID. Find the option to deauthorize all computers and click it.
Connecting Devices to iTunes
Remove automatic syncing from your apps on your device.Go to the Settings app. Find “Restrictions” in the general settings.
- Slide the “In-App Purchases” to off.
- This will restrict the allowed content to just those apps you have manually downloaded to the device.
- Repeat this step on all of your devices that you plan to sync into the iTunes library.
Find a USB charger cable for each of your devices.In some cases, you may have been provided a Firewire or Lightening cable to connect your device to a computer. You can connect an unlimited number of devices to a single Apple ID, but you will need to control what portions of your library you want to use on each device.
Start the iTunes Connect your first Apple device to your computer.If it asks you whether you want to sync your device to your iTunes library, say “no” at first, unless you want all your media files to immediately download onto this device.
Choose the manual sync option for most devices, since they have different storage limits and user capabilities.For example, an iPod Shuffle will have lower content limits than an iPad or iPhone.
Click on the tabs, such as “music,” “movies” and “podcasts.”If you do not see these options, click on the device name in the left hand column of your iTunes screen to gain access to the library and your device.
Repeat the manual syncing process with each Apple device you own.Although you can connect each device to a single iTunes account, you can control the information according to your preferences.
- You can’t connect a device to more than one Apple ID.
Managing Music on Different Devices
Add media files onto your main iTunes library before making changes in how you manage your music.Download new songs, videos or podcasts from the iTunes store or rip CDs into your iTunes account.
Opt to create a different iTunes library for each device, if you don’t want to manually sync your device each time you connect it to iTunes.
- If you have a Mac computer, you should hold down the Option key while you open iTunes.
- If you have a Windows computer, you should hold down the Shift key while you open iTunes.
- Choose “Create Library” in the dialog box, and then name it a different name. You can do this for each device you plan to connect to iTunes.
- Open iTunes with the new library file. Go to the iTunes menu and choose Preferences and the Advanced tab.
- Deselect the line that says, “Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" and you will avoid making extra copies of files that you already have on your computer.
- Add the specific files you want in this library by adding individually through the File menu or clicking and dragging from one iTunes library into another.
Repeat with each remaining device-specific iTunes library you want to create.This method is best if you have a very different mix of videos, music and podcasts that you want to connect to your different Apple devices.
Choose to create different iTunes playlists, in place of adding new iTunes libraries, if you want to put different music on each device.Add playlists to your main iTunes account and name them according to your device.
- Go through your iTunes music library and add songs and albums to the playlist of your choice.
Plug in your device using your USB cable.Go to the Music tab and choose to sync a specific playlist to your device each time you connect it to iTunes. You can add music to that playlist when the device is unplugged and it will automatically be synced the next time you connect it.
Using Apple Home Sharing
Connect your computer to a Wi-Fi network that you use regularly at home.
Connect your Apple devices, such as iPhones and iPads, to the same wireless network.Connect your Apple TV, if you own one, because it has the best capabilities for sharing iTunes content.
Turn on Home Sharing on each computer that is connected to your Apple ID.You will need to open iTunes and click on Home Sharing in the Sharing tab on the left hand side. Turn on Home Sharing on the computer.
- You will see the other computers or user’s libraries listed in the Sharing section as soon as they also enable Home Sharing.
Turn the Home Sharing function on individually with each device.Go to the Settings icon. Find the Sharing tab and enable Home Sharing. You can now connect and play your iTunes libraries on different devices within your Wi-Fi network.
QuestionHow do I connect my iPhone 5 to iTunes?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFollow the instructions listed in the article above.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I connect an iPad to iTunes?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGo to the Music app. Then sign in. It is essentially the same as how you connect with your iPhone, if you have one.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I find out the Apple ID on my iPhone?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFrom the home screen, go to the App Store, choose Featured, and scroll to the bottom of the screen. Alternately, go to Settings, scroll down until you find iCloud, and tap it.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I reset my forgotten password for my iPad?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou have to either bring it into Apple or try to connect to iTunes and provide the iPad info.Thanks!
Things You'll Need
Apple USB charger cables
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Italiano: , Español: , Русский: , Português: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How To Connect Any APPLE iPhone 4/4S/5S/6S To PC via iTunes
How to Attract Attention when You Need Rescuing
6 Ways To Get Over Sending Embarrassing Texts
How to Raise Calves
Why Your Boss Should Let You Work From Home Whenever YouWant
Hungry All the Time
John McDonnell: Alan Sugar should disown tweet of Corbyn and Hitler
MendTheGap: Time To Take The Fight Outside
How to Find the Area of a Shape
Common Causes of Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy and How to Prevent Them
Want, Need, Love: 7 Pairs of Wedding Shoes for Under 150
Estos pintauñas, inspirados en tu película favorita, son todo lo que vas a necesitar este verano