How to Choose an Android Device for Your Child
Android phones and tablets have evolved massively since they were introduced in the late 2000s. Since then, they have developed into an extremely user-friendly device that even kids and toddlers actually use it with such ease. Though it’s not exactly advisable to expose your kids to such gadgets at a very young age, you have to acknowledge the fact that they’ll eventually learn of these things. So it is better that proper education on how to use Android devices come straight from you—the parents or guardians. But with all the gadgets in the market, knowing which to choose for your child is important.
Identifying the Purpose
Use it for education.Your kid will most likely have to look at the device for hours either for reading lectures or taking down lesson notes. Pick one that has a large screen, enough that it wouldn’t strain their eyes even after using it for long periods.
- Android devices like Samsung Galaxy Tabs or Google Nexus tablets should fit the requirements.
- If the school required the purchase, then ask the administration if there’s any particular unit that you need to buy. This will save you time on having to figure out which Android unit to get.
Use it for entertainment.If your kid’s going to use the Android device just for entertainment purposes like video games, listening to music, and watching videos, then basic units like the entry level Samsung Galaxy series (Fame, Y, etc.) should be enough as it has enough hardware power to support most Android app games.
Use it for special cases.If your child needs to use the Android device for special cases like supplementing physical disabilities, then you need to base the unit you’re going to buy on the specific situation you have.
- In example, if your kid has speech defects or is mute and needs a device to aid him or her to communicate, buy an Android tablet—or any unit—with a large screen that he or she can use to conveniently write messages on.
Knowing the Factors to Consider
Check the price.Your child won’t need extremely expensive Android gadgets, even if they’re going to use it for school. You also have to take into consideration that they won’t be able to take care of it as much as you could. Buy one that won’t be too expensive to replace in case it gets lost or damaged.
Consider the size.Consider your kid’s physical attributes. You don’t want your five year-old son or daughter dragging a massive 10-inch tablet around the house, school, or anywhere they need to go. Buy a unit that they can easily carry and use anywhere, anytime.
- Android devices are known for portability and mobility so this should be one of the factors that you need to consider.
Note the weight of the device.Get an Android device that’s lightweight and easy to carry around.
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro series are all lightweight and extremely thin. Your kid would hardly notice it inside their bags.
Think about memory storage.The storage capacity of the device you’re going to purchase depends on how your kid will be using it. If it’s for school, buy a unit with enough space to save all their lessons.
- Every Android brands have units that have expandable memory feature wherein you can use an external memory card to expand its storage capacity. Ask the salesperson if the Android device you’re going to purchase has this feature.
Scrutinize the battery life.If your child’s going to use it out of the house most of the time, then pick a device that has a longer lasting battery life and will take some considerable amount of time before it needs to be recharged.
- LG Android phones, like the G series, are known for its long battery life span.
- After choosing and purchasing the right Android device for your child, make sure to turn on its built-in Parental Control feature to limit their access.
- Monitor how your kid uses the Android device and teach them the responsibility required when using these kinds of items.
Video: Top 5 BEST Smartphones of 2018 (Mid Year)
Reese Witherspoon Says Legally Blonde 3 May Actually Be Happening
Lulus Smiling Sweetly Light Beige Chenille Knit Turtleneck Sweater Size Large 100 Polyester
How to Play Exploding Kittens
The Best Ways to Save Money Even Impulsive Spenders Can Get Behind
How to Improve Photo Resolution on Android
Turkey and Mashed Potato Pie
10 Things Waxers Wont Tell You
A Complete Guide To Spring-Summer Hat Styles
How to Improve Your Skin Complexion
How to Reach Bannerghatta National Park from Bangalore
Over two thirds of women’s refuges in the UK are going to close unless we do something really, really soon
How to Reduce Taxes in Retirement
10 Gorgeous Wedding UpdoHairstyles
If Youre Eating Gluten-Free And You Dont Have Celiac Disease, Heres What You Could Be Doing To Your Heart