How to Check Your Gmail Account with the Google Toolbar
This wikiHow teaches you how to check your Gmail inbox directly from the top of the Google Chrome window by using an extension. While there used to be a way to use the official Google Toolbar to do this, the toolbar is limited to Internet Explorer and no longer supports Gmail. You can instead install Google's Gmail button in Google Chrome if you want to be able to check your emails with the click of a button in a more modern browser. Unfortunately, there is no official Gmail checker for Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or any other modern browser.
Open Google Chrome.Its app icon resembles a red, yellow, green, and blue sphere.
- You cannot install the Google Mail Checker or Google Toolbar in any browser other than Chrome.
Open the page.The Google Mail Checker extension is developed by Google; you can use it to open your Gmail inbox from the top of the Chrome window.
ClickADD TO CHROME.It's a blue button in the upper-right side of the Google Mail Checker page.
ClickAdd extensionwhen prompted.You'll see this at the top of the window. Doing so adds the Google Mail Checker icon to your browser's toolbar.
Click the Google Mail Checker icon.It's a red "M" on a white background that's in the upper-right side of the page. This will open your Gmail inbox if you're logged into your Google Account in Chrome.
- If you install another extension after Google Mail Checker, you'll have to click⋮and then click theGoogle Mail Checkerextension at the top of the drop-down menu in order to open your Gmail account.
Sign into your account if prompted.If you aren't signed into a Google Account in Chrome, you'll be prompted to log into your Gmail account with your email address and password. Doing so will take you to your Gmail inbox.
Look for the red badge number on the Google Mail Checker icon.You should see a red-and-white number which reflects your inbox's current number of unread messages appear below the Google Mail Checker icon.
Close and re-open Google Chrome.Each time you restart Chrome, Google Mail Checker will check your inbox's contents and update its badge number to display the number of unread emails in your inbox.
- Google Mail Checker will also update its badge number every few minutes without necessitating a Chrome restart.
- One way to check Gmail quickly in other browsers is by adding Gmail as a bookmark and then enabling bookmarks on all tabs. Although it doesn't use any Google products or toolbars, this process is possible in all modern browsers.
- While unofficial Gmail checkers exist for browsers other than Internet Explorer and Chrome, you should avoid using them since they'll require your Gmail password in order to work.
Video: How Can Check your Gmail account Access from another location
This is the Best Bedtime for Teens, According to Science
The Strange Reason Why Your Skin Is Feeling Itchy Lately
How to Get Through a Bad MS Day: Real Strategies From Real People
How to Ship a Bicycle Cheaply
How to Work for a Perfectionist Boss
Juicy Couture FallWinter 2015-2019 Collection – New York Fashion Week
50 Dove Tattoos For Men – Soaring Designs With Harmony
Buying Proteins on a Budget
What to do if youre attacked by an alligator
How to Create a Craft Space in Your Home
Are Supplements Really Necessary for Good Health
How to Keep Your Childs Ears from Popping While on a Plane