How to Call Dubai
Dubai is the most populated city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). With foreigners making up roughly 80% of the city’s population, Dubai is connected to countries all across the globe.Making an international call to Dubai may seem tricky if you’ve never done it, but if you follow a few simple steps, you’ll catch on in no time.
Dialing the Number
Punch in the exit code of the country you are calling from.A country’s exit code must be dialed before making any international calls. This is also known as an international access code, and it varies from country to country.
- Use the exit code 011 for the United States, Canada, and most of the Caribbean.
- Use the exit code 00 for China, Italy, and the United Kingdom.
- Use the exit code 0011 for Australia.
- Look up all other codes at
Press 9-7-1 immediately after your country’s exit code.This is the country code for the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which is the country Dubai is located in. Enter "971" directly after inputting your country's exit code.
- For example, if you’re calling from the United States, your number will look like this: 011-971
Enter the number 4 then the 7-digit phone number to reach a landline.Determine the kind of number you are calling before you proceed. If you are calling a landline number, press the number 4 before you dial the number. Then, immediately punch in the 7-digit landline number you wish to call.
- If the number you are calling is 7 digits long (xxx-xxxx), it is a landline.
- The final number for a landline will look like: 011-971-4-000-0000 (if you are calling from the U.S., Canada, or the Caribbean).
Dial 50, 55, or 56 then the 7-digit phone number to reach a cell phone.Mobile numbers in Dubai have associated operator prefixes. This prefix will be either 50, 55, or 56. It should be included in the cell phone number given to you.
- If the number is 9 digits long (xx-xxx-xxxx), it is a mobile number. The 2 additional numbers are the associated operator prefix.
- If you are calling from Canada, the Caribbean, or the U.S., the final number for a mobile phone will look like: 011-971-55-000-0000.
Ensuring Efficient Communication
Account for the international time difference.Dubai operates on Gulf Standard Time (UTC + 4), so if you’re calling internationally, it’s likely you’ll be calling from a different time zone. Check the current time in Dubai before you make your phone call so you don’t call someone at an inappropriate time.
- Dubai does not follow Daylight Savings Time.
- You can easily check the current time in Dubai at .
- "UTC" stands for Coordinated Universal Time.
Use an international calling card to save money on long-distance calls.Calling cards can be purchased at most convenience stores, grocery stores, or online. These cards range in price, but using them could save you money in the long run.
- Check with your phone company to see how much they charge for long-distance calls and compare that rate to the cost of a calling card.
- Ask your phone company if they offer international calling plans that could save you money over time.
Communicate by e-mail or instant messenger for convenience.With differences in time zone, it can be tricky to find a time to talk on the phone that works for both parties. Consider chatting over the Internet through e-mail, Facebook Messenger, or another messaging service so you can respond to each other at your convenience.
- VoIP services, such as WhatsApp, Skype, and FaceTime, are currently banned in the UAE.
QuestionI am trying to call Dubai from India, but it's not working. What do I need to do to make the call successful?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTo call Dubai from India, you need to precede the phone number with the following: 00 + 971 + 4.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I call from India to Dubai?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFollow the instructions listed in the article above.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I save a Dubai number on WhatsApp in India?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSave the number in international format. So add +971 and then the area code without the zero followed by the local number.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I call someone with an Australian mobile number who is presently in Dubai?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCall them the same as you would with an Australian number, as it is the same country prefix. There may be roaming charges.Thanks!
QuestionWhat's a sample format I can look at for a landline call within Dubai?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSample format basically goes - 00971 04 1234567. Having the '1234567' as the residence number you wish to call.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I make a call from Somalia to Dubai?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFollow the instructions listed in the article above.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I call India from a land line phone?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou have to check the website of the phone operating system and ask if you can call this country. That said, you will have to pay either long distance or a monthly fee.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I call a mobile number through a landline number?Kelsey LagalyCommunity AnswerThe process is the same regardless of whether you're calling from a mobile number or a landline number.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I call Dubai from Odisha?Kelsey LagalyCommunity AnswerDial India's exit code, 00, for your first step. Then follow the rest of the instructions listed in the article above.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I call a Nigeria landline from Dubai?Kelsey LagalyCommunity AnswerDial India's exit code, 009, for your first step. Then follow the rest of the instructions listed in the article above.Thanks!
How can you call�Dubai from India?
How do I call Dubai from the Philippines?
How does the network transmitter work when calling someone?
What place is code 55 for?
How can I call Dubai on my cellphone from Philippine?
To call Dubai, first dial the exit code of the country you are calling from. You can find this code by looking online if you don’t already know it. After you dial the exit code, dial 971, which is the country code for the United Arab Emirates, where Dubai is located. If you’re dialing a landline, dial the number 4 after the UAE country code, then punch in the 7-digit landline number. If you are dialing a cell phone, the prefix will be included in the 9-digit cell number.
- If you are calling from within the United Arab Emirates, you do not need to dial the exit code or the country code. Add 0 before dialing 4 (the area code for Dubai), then proceed with the 7-digit telephone number.
Video: UAE without VPN Best video call App / by Technical Pyare
First refrigerated beach to open
Snowboarder Chloe Kim Tweeted About Breakfast Sandwiches Between Her Olympic Gold Medal Runs
Cervical Cancer Symptoms and Diagnosis
When You Want to Build an Eco-Friendly Baby Registry
How Much Should You Spend for a Good Face Wash
Vijayakrishna K. Gadi
How to Get Rid of Numbness in Your Lip
How To Start Running
How to Sell For a School Fundraiser
Does Pooping Actually Affect Your Weight