How to Calculate the Age of a Person Using Palmistry
Palmistry is the art of interpreting natural lines across the palms to derive some prediction for the future. By some estimates, the practice of palmistry may be thousands of years old. The practice is rooted in the belief, which has been partially confirmed by childhood development researchers, that because the palm lines develop during gestation they may offer some clues about a person's appearance, health, and proclivities later in life.Most palmist scholars agree that there is no way to determine a person's age by reading the palms.However, there are many lines across the palms, and it is believed that the lengths and intersections of these various lines can be used to "read" the general blueprint of a person's life.Learning how to identify the primary lines used in palmistry can help you read hands, and may help you calculate a person's age or vitality in life.
Identifying the Palm Lines
Choose the correct hand.Often times, a palm reader will rely on both hands to give a more accurate reading. However, some palmists prefer to use one primary hand, and which hand is chosen will depend on both the age and gender of the person being read.
- Men who are under the age of 30 should offer the left palm as the primary hand.
- Men over 30 years of age should use the right palm as the primary hand.
- Women who are under the age of 30 should offer the right palm as the primary hand.
- Women over 30 years of age should use the left palm as the primary hand.
Study the most common lines.Much like fingerprints, everyone's palm will be slightly different. However, there are certain basic contours that are consistent across almost every palm. Before you can read a palm, it's imperative that you be able to recognize the various palm lines on the primary hand. Knowing where the life line is in relation to the other nearest lines may make it easier to find.
- The heart line is the easiest to identify. It is located at the top of the palm, and it typically extends almost all the way across the palm, parallel to where the fingers meet the rest of the hand.
- The head line is located below the heart line, more or less parallel to it. It runs horizontally from between the thumb and index finger straight across the palm.
- The life line is the next prominent line on the hand. It is typically curved but may run vertically or at an angle, and may intersect the head line and/or the heart line. To find it, look for the semi-curved line that starts between the thumb and index finger and runs down toward the wrist.
Understand the life line.The life line primarily indicates health, significant life changes, and the general well-being of a person.Contrary to popular belief, there is no real consensus on the correlation between the life line and a person's longevity.However, there is some consensus within palmistry studies that a person's vitality and quality of life can be determined by the life line.
Reading the Life Line
Calculate a person's age.There is some disagreement among palmistry scholars on whether or not the life line indicates a person's longevity. Many scholars in the field do not believe that the age or longevity can be read from the palm.However, those who do believe such a reading is possible look to the ratio of the life line to the heart line in order to conduct this reading.If the life line (LL) to heart line (HL) ratio is:
- 0.36 - this LL/HL ratio indicates a lifespan of 64 years years
- 0.37 - this LL/HL ratio suggests a lifespan of 68 years
- 0.35 - this LL/HL ratio means a lifespan of 71 years
- 0.39 - this ratio suggests a lifespan of 74 years
- 0.34 - this ratio indicates a lifespan of 76 years
- 0.38 - this ratio also means a lifespan of 76 years
- 0.37 - this ratio indicates a lifespan of 79 years
- 0.41 - this ratio suggests a lifespan of 80 years
- 0.36 - this ratio indicates a lifespan of 81 years
Read the depth of the life line.A deep, unbroken life line indicates a strong vitality and a passion for life. By contrast, a shallow line indicates that the person may be easily misled or manipulated.
Interpret the curve of the life line.The life line's curve is typically thought to be an indication of adventurousness. A line that curves close to the thumb is thought to indicate that the person does not stray far from home. A line that sweeps outward is indicative of a love of travel and adventure.
QuestionWhat if the LL to HL ratio is more than 0.5?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf the LL to HL ratio is more than 0.5, you have done a calculation incorrectly.Thanks!
QuestionWhat does it mean if the heart line is broken?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerA broken heart line in palmistry tells of significant hardships and setbacks in that individual's life through emotional stress, physical illness, and even external factors such as troubles in the workplace.Thanks!
QuestionWhich line on my palm is the life line?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe life line is the line that runs from the bottom of the wrist and up to just below your index or above the thumb. It is different for different people.Thanks!
QuestionIf a life line breaks and there is a mixed fate line, what happens?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThat depends on where the break is what kind of break and where it joins back. It isn't easy to give an answer without seeing your palm.Thanks!
QuestionWhat does a split in the lifeline indicate?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThis shouldn't indicate anything, as some areas may be less deep than others. Just ignore it.Thanks!
What is a money triangle?
How would I know the ratio of life line to heart line?
If two of your images say conflicting things, which one is right?
How to really read life line ?
I am 16 year old female. The life line on right palm has three parts. First one is broken and third one is long, second part is overlapping first and second part. Does it determine of less life?
To calculate the age of a person by using palmistry, start by identifying the life line, or the curved line that starts between the thumb and index finger and runs down towards the wrist. Next, find the heart line, located at the top of the palm, parallel to where the fingers meet the hand. Then, use the ratio of the life line to the heart line to calculate the person’s age. For example, a life line to heart line ratio of 0.36 indicates a lifespan of 64 years.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Русский: , Italiano: , Português: , Deutsch: , Français: , Nederlands: , العربية:
Video: How to Calculate Age in Excel from a Date of Birth
4 Ways to Enjoy Superfoods Without Breaking the Bank
Low-energy light bulbs replace all ordinary bulbs by 2012
Spicy Black Bean Soup
The Basics of Post-Nasal Drip
How to Act Around Girls (for Boys)
How to Remove the Popup Ads in Avira Antivir
MH Beach Body Club: 5.1 chest and tris
The Flu Is Officially Here and You Need the Vaccine NOW, Experts Say
How to Play Star Stable
This Mom And Daughter Didnt Know They Had The Same Heart Condition. And It Almost Killed Them
10 Two-Layer Haircuts Your Hairstylist Will Approve Too
How to Thicken Your Hair