How to cook soft-boiled eggs?
Some people prefer porridge for breakfast, others like coffee or tea with sandwiches, and still others do not imagine their morning without freshly prepared eggs. One way to treat yourself to a delicious breakfast is to cook soft-boiled eggs. Many believe that this is not particularly difficult, but often at the exit of the eggs does not turn out the consistency that was planned - either the protein is too liquid, or the yolk is steep. How to boil soft-boiled eggs to achieve the perfect combination?
How to boil soft boiled eggs
There are two ways to make delicious eggs with soft, dense protein and a tender, sticky yolk.
With this method of cooking eggs immersed in boiling water. It is better to do this with a spoon so that hot spray does not burn the hands. A very important point - the eggs should not be cold, otherwise the cracks in the shell, and, consequently, the loss of taste and aesthetic appearance of the dish you are guaranteed. Advice to boil eggs, letting them pre-lie down at room temperature for 10-15 minutes, is relevant not only for soft-boiled eggs, this should be done with any method of cooking (hard-boiled eggs, into a bag, etc.)
After the eggs are in boiling water, record on the timer exactly one minute. After that, the fire must be turned off and leave the eggs in hot water for another 5-6 minutes. You can choose the exact time yourself by sampling which version of the finished dish suits you best, then mark the time for yourself.
We also recommend that you read the material from the article How to cook eggs.
In cold water, you need to put the eggs so that the water covers them by 1-2 cm. Bring them to a boil over high heat, then lower the flame and cook for a few minutes until you get the desired result. It will be as follows:
- in 3 minutes you will get a semi-liquid protein with a completely liquid yolk;
- after 4 minutes, the protein will become more dense, and the yolk viscous;
- in 5 minutes you will get an egg with half-cooked yolk (only the central part of it will remain liquid).
More information is covered in the article How to cook eggs.
- Water before cooking eggs need a little salt.
- The eggs themselves should be washed beforehand.
- After cooking, the eggs can be placed under a stream of cold water so that they are easier to peel off the shell.