How to Become an Interesting Teen
As a teenager, being interesting can seem like a difficult task. You might feel like there is nothing unique about you or that others will find you uninteresting. However, with some reflection and a little confidence, you can be someone that others find fascinating. With an open-mind and a little courage you can find new things about yourself that will draw others to you.
Be authentic and embrace your difference.The most interesting people are those who do things their own way and do not conform to the demands of others. Find the things that make you the person that you are and develop them. Do not abandon hobbies or avoid certain styles because they are not cool. Instead, embrace those things.
- Say what you think. Stick to your convictions and do not abandon your beliefs because they are unpopular.
Explore different ideas.Curiosity leads to the accumulation of new experiences and viewpoints. Instead of disconnecting from “strange” or different ways of understanding the world, engage them and seek out new sources of information. Do not be afraid of something because it is not considered mainstream.
- Find new books, movies, television shows, and podcasts.
- Ask your teachers about learning about different schools of thought and philosophies.
Be open-minded about different perspectives and ways of viewing the world.Try to be empathic towards others and accepting of their differences. Often the most interesting people are the most accommodating. Do not bully others because of their differences. Instead, reach out to them and learn about what makes them unique.
- Discuss different religious beliefs with your friends and family.
- Make friends with those who are different than you.
Try new things regularly.Always be on the lookout for new experiences of any sort. Trying new things will broaden your horizons and help you create new life experiences. Eat foods you have not tried before. Listen to new music or see a movie you typically would not watch. Seek out adventure whenever you can.
Find new hobbies.Part of being an interesting person is being well-rounded and pursuing a number of different hobbies broadens your horizons and allows you to try new things. Try new activities that are maybe outside you comfort zone. This will lead to unique and interesting experiences.
- Join different school clubs or teams. This will help you find new things that you might be interested in.
Tell a good story.Being able to captivate others with a good story is essential to being considered interesting. Do not just ramble on about any subject, be deliberate with what you are telling others. Try to be concise and engaging while making sure that your story has a beginning, middle and an end.
- Hone your public speaking ability by taking speech and other communications classes.
- Develop your story telling skills in your literature and creative writing courses.
Be a good listener.You can make a great impression on someone by simply being an attentive listener. Talking about ourselves gives the brain as much pleasure as food or money, and that good association rubs-off on a good listener. Engage others in conversation by talking about their interests. You might learn interesting new things.
- Make eye contact. This will help you pay attention to what others are saying.
- Put away your phone when you are hanging out with other people. This will help you stay engaged in the conversation.
Find your own style.Challenge fashionable trends and develop a look that is all your own. If worn with confidence, others will be drawn to your look. Do not bend your behavior to match the expectations of others.
- Find clothing and accessories that adhere to your sense of style and not someone else’s.
Read a lot.Being well-read will open up your mind to new worlds. It will allow you to learn about different cultures and time periods. This will come in handy when you find yourself chatting with others and you have an interesting anecdote or special insight into what they are talking about.
- Spend some time in your school library and find books that look interesting. There is not one subject of kind of book that will make you more interesting.
- Join a book club or other group that will help you read more.
- Do your homework. As a teen you will be assigned interesting reading. Take advantage of it.
Travel.One of the best ways to broaden your horizons is through travel. As a teen, this might be more difficult but it is not impossible. Take advantage of every opportunity to go somewhere new and meet new people. This will give you a whole host of new experiences that will bump you up the interesting scale.
- Take advantage of family vacations or other opportunities to see and learn about new places. Although Kansas City might not be as exciting a location as Paris, there are things about it that are unique and interesting.
- Find out if there are any groups you can join that might afford you the opportunity to travel.
Wear unique clothes.Find the clothes that you feel convey your unique sense of style. Your clothing is a way for you to make a statement about who you are. Try out styles and combinations of accessories you might not normally wear. You may find a look that is more uniquely and authentically you.
- Wear t-shirts of your favorite band and try to adopt their style.
- Try to get a vintage look by shopping at your local thrift store.
- Wear clothes that reflect your interests and personality. For example, if you are a vegan, don't wear leather. Or, if you are becoming a serious athlete, wear sportier clothes.
Try new makeup.Buy shades and colors that you might not normally wear and try them. Find styles and applications that you find appealing. Remember that they do not have to be trendy, just unique.
- Look through old magazines for vintage looks and try to find makeup to recreate it.
Get a different haircut.Changing your hairdo is a quick and easy way to develop an interesting look. You can change the color, length, or texture of your hair depending on the look you want to achieve. Find something that you think is eye-catching and try to recreate it.
- If you are unsure what style you would like, talk with your stylist for pointers and ideas.
Wear interesting accessories.Find unique accessories that will set you apart. This could include new jewelry or a different pair of glasses frames. Bring something new to your look that matches your style and sets you apart.
Carry yourself like an interesting person.Interesting people exude confidence and the best way to demonstrate your self-assurance is to develop good posture. Keep your back straight and your shoulders squared. This tells people that you are confident, friendly and interesting. Not only will you convince others that you are interesting, you will begin to believe it as well.
- Avoid slouching or cowering. This tells others that you are insecure and unapproachable.
Video: 5 Genius Opening Lines to Talk to Your Crush: TEEN GUYS AND GIRLS
Shimmeez Plushies Have Everything Your Kid Is Looking for in a Toy
Entertainment Round-up: Trailers Released and Dates Set for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and more
Women of the Year 2019: Gemma Arterton
How to Eat in Amsterdam on the Cheap
After 1 Year of Searching, I Have Finally Found a Natural Deodorant That Works
This Pup Is So Crazy Excited, He Wont Let His Owner Finish the Question
Emma Watson Cute Short Straight Haircuts
How Much Fat Can I Burn by Running