How to assemble a chimney?
Watch the video
Installing a stove in the country or setting up a fireplace in your house, it is very important to correctly calculate and make the chimney, because the safety of future use of heating equipment depends on it. The chimney can be assembled from ordinary metal pipes or sandwich pipes equipped with additional thermal insulation. To do this, you will need to purchase not only pipes and joints of the required diameter, but also a special heat-resistant sealant.
How to assemble a “sandwich” chimney for a stove or a fireplace?
If you purchased the required number of pipe segments, as well as all adapters and angles, you can proceed to the assembly process:
- We connect the corner segment (knee) with a hole in the chimney of the firebox and turn the exit from it to the location of the pipe (the knee can not be installed if the hole in the furnace is directed towards the pipe outlet);
- The first link of the pipe is connected to the knee or directly to the pipe of the heating device;
- Inspect the pipe, one of its ends should be already the other, it should be inserted into the next segment;
- When joining the segments, it is necessary to connect both the inner and outer pipes so that they do not let the smoke through and allow the condensate to safely flow to the very bottom;
- At the joints, coat the pipes with sealant, then pull them off using a metal clamp;
- Every two meters the chimney is attached to the wall with special brackets.