Halloween How-To: A Boo-tiful Mani
October is here, guys! Time to get your Halloween-inspired nail art on. At a loss for what to draw on those gorgeous tips of yours?
Nail artist Simcha Whitehill aka Miss Pop shows and tells Cosmo exactly how to copy this cute, yet spooky mani. Now go on and pin the hell out of this tutorial, and then get to painting!
2. Add in orange polish for an accent."Paint the fingernails you didn't swipe black onto with an opaque orange polish, like Lara's Theme by Deborah Lippmann," Whitehill explains.
3. Create some dots."Using the larger end of a dotter tool" — which you can get at any beauty supply store — "create the whites of the eyes by dipping the tool into white opaque polish and carefully dabbing two large dots onto each nail, except for the ones painted orange," she says. "Then, let the dots dry just a bit before doing the next step, since you don't want the black pupils bleeding into the whites of the eyes."
4. Draw on the pupils."With the other end of the dotter tool, which contains a smaller ball tip, dip it into the black YSL polish you used in step one and gently dot the pupils of the eyes onto the white circles," Whitehill says. "Make sure to put them toward the perimeter of the white circles, so they appear to be looking around suspiciously."
5. Tag up your orange tips."Again, using the dotter's large end, stack two black dots on top of each other to make the B, and then use it to create two dots for the O's, setting the foundation for the word Boo," she says.
6. Use a striper brush to create the back of the B."To make the two dots stacked on top of each other actually look like a B, take a striper brush" — you can get this brush at any beauty supply store or here — "and draw a straight line that connects the two dots on the left side," explains Whitehill.
7. Dot your O's."With the small end of the dotter, dip it into the orange polish used in step two and create a tiny dot in the center of the B and the two O's, creating the word Boo," she adds.
8. Enjoy-slash-flaunt-show off your boo-tiful mani! Add a topcoat and you're done, girl.
Video: Bootiful nails challenge 22 "french tips"
How to Become A Corporate Flight Attendant
How Bodybuilder Flexy Stanbrough Stays Fit
How to Lessen the Likelihood of Kidney Infection
Vitamin E is a water soluble vitamin
How to Make a Tracking Cookie
Dolce Gabbana New Collection Spring-Summer 2015
10 Hottest Spring Makeup Ideas for a Fresh Face
4 Signs Your Hemorrhoids Warrant a Doctors Visit
How to Call a Parent to Apologize
How to Fix a LCD Monitor Power Problem
15 Margarita Recipes That Will Have You Dreaming of Warm Weather
How to Keep a Client
The Power of Giving
We Want to Wear Everything From the SS 15 Chloé Runway
The Duchess Of Cambridge: Her New York Style File, Look By Look